Thread: Kansas Pheasant hunt

Default Kansas Pheasant hunt

Been invited to go to Kansas on a pheasant, upland hunt. Any of the braintrust been that way for upland. Area we are going is north central, close to Manhattan. Any info on that area would be appreciated, good or bad. Thanks.

Are you hunting with a guide on private land or free lance on public? A lot of private ranch/lodge operations release their birds and operate as shooting preserves. We were out that way two years ago, but we were further west by several hours. We were free lance and had a great trip. Reports this year are bird numbers are down. I would still go if I had the chance. It is a beautiful area of the country.

Public or private? I have spent some time exactly where you’re talking about, but need more specific questions to help.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

1st day will be with a guide/outfitter, supposed to be wild birds, next 2 days are going to be freelance. The guys I'm going with go out every year to turkey hunt and they have some farmer connections, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by cellis17 View Post
    1st day will be with a guide/outfitter, supposed to be wild birds, next 2 days are going to be freelance. The guys I'm going with go out every year to turkey hunt and they have some farmer connections, I believe.
    Good deal. We have hunted some public and found birds, but they are picked over. Found tons of hens and very few roosters. Got invited to hunt some private and have done well.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands