Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Dabo Whining

Georgia let one get away with SC. If they were undefeated and played LSU close, then yes I think they would have a gripe. They have a loss, so no they have to beat LSU. A conference championship is only relevant in the SEC. No conference championships and you have your 4 teams right now.

For the sake of argument, Georgia pulls the upset. Do you think LSU should stay in the final 4?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Georgia let one get away with SC. If they were undefeated and played LSU close, then yes I think they would have a gripe. They have a loss, so no they have to beat LSU. A conference championship is only relevant in the SEC. No conference championships and you have your 4 teams right now.

For the sake of argument, Georgia pulls the upset. Do you think LSU should stay in the final 4?
    Yes.....they are in

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nope.If you are not the best in your conference you not the best in the nation.

No. They would’ve beenbeaten by a Georgia team that had a loss to a shitty UofSC team playing their 3rd string QB at home. The losses just mean more too.

Whatever works I guess... If Dabo thinks he still needs to play the us against the world card and it works to motivate his team so be it. I think any reasonable fan of football would think that based on Clemson's schedule this year they were the team that could not afford a loss more than any of the others. Again I know they can't help their schedule was so weak this year and yes I know it included two SEC teams. That's been covered. At the end of the day who cares what your rank is as long as you are one of the four? Georgia will get beat this weekend and I assume Utah will become the 4th team. I keep hearing good things about Utah but haven't seen them play so I'm basing this on other's opinions. My top 4 would be

1. Ohio State
    2. Clemson
    3. LSU
    4. Utah

As a football fan I just hope we get to see Ohio State and Clemson play in the title game given how good both are this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    No one even knows where Climp5in is located outside Pickins County and a few transplants around the country.
    Two weeks after they won the Natty, most couldn't tell you who was the new NC...……..
    No respect or relevancy for some reason
    fact: more out of state students currently attend clemson that IN state students.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Nope.If you are not the best in your conference you not the best in the nation.
    But you could be top 4.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Utah may get beat by Oregon. Baylor still plays Oklahoma. I think OSU, LSU, and Clemson are in no matter what happens.

The 4th spot is up for grabs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    fact: more out of state students currently attend clemson that IN state students.
    NOT FACT...

67% of Clemson's Undergrad is Instate while 33% is out of state. That is mandated by Clemson's Board.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 12-03-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Yep. Catdaddy nails it. Utah is going to win.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    But you could be top 4.
    The purpose is find the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's real simple for you leg humpers, don't lose to UofSC and you'd be in regardless. The SECCG would be a moot point if you would've handled your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    NOT FACT...

67% of Clemson's Undergrad is Instate while 33% is out of state. That is mandated by Clemson's Board.
    do tell....
    I was told at orientation that more out of state students were in the freshman class for the first time.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Why are we arguing over what Georgia would have to do to choke (again) on a national stage? We have seen this play out a couple of times already.

Just shoot the dawg earlier; before he gets out in public and he shits in the punchbowl......again.

As for football affecting application rates, there was a study done after Saban went to Alabama and the application rate to Alabama Skyrocketed relevant to their success on the field. Clemson's President has gone on record to state that Clemson Football is the "front porch" of the university and has paid dividends exponentially in applications, grants and donations to academics.

So yes, winning is contagious across the university.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

do tell....
    I was told at orientation that more out of state students were in the freshman class for the first time.
    Negative. A buddy of mine is the director of financial analysis at Clemson. We were discussing this a few months ago while talking about tuition at instate schools, and he gave me that stat. I confirmed with him again on those numbers before posting those on here. USC should also be close to the same percentages. Although the final numbers are mandated by each schools board of directors/trustees, there is "guidance" from the State level in order to receive certain funding.

I think the freshman class is more OOS. Then some drop out, and they bring in the in state bridge kids sophomore year.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I think the freshman class is more OOS. Then some drop out, and they bring in the in state bridge kids sophomore year.
    In 2018 it was the same 60/40 percentage...

http://www.clemson.edu/admissions/do...lor-report.pdf

I think Utah is the wildcard this year.

I really enjoyed watching the Utah/Colorado game Saturday. That is the first full game I have seen from them. DAMN they are quick. If they get in at #4, THEosu better get them in Atlanta because the whole state of utah (all 20,000 of them) will be in Phoenix.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Yankee libs
    Congrats?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    NOT FACT...

don't ruin his story