Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dabo Whining

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I am not a Clemson fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Clemson would/will beat LSU easily. LSU has no defense, and they won't be able to score enough to keep up.
    And why do you think Clemson has a defense? Because Feetsdown told you.

They haven't played a good offensive team.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-01-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    And why do you think Clemson has a defense? Because Feetsdown told you?

They don’t have to. It’s called the eye test. People have been using it since the beginning. Alabama has benefited from it for years. If you can’t see that Clemson backs are on a whole different level you are blind. Take off the garnet glasses. LSU defense is absolute trash. Only 1 team has won a national championship since 1998 with a defense not ranked in the top 25. Clemson defense is ranked in the top 5 in pretty much every measure. Plenty of teams that play terrible competition can’t even do that. I myself am concerned about the 3 man front but I trust a enabled. He knows what he is doing. Ohio state is the only team in the top 4 that bothers me. However, They have not done so hot against southern teams with speed in the last 10 years so until they do, I think they are a bit of a farce to.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.

That's not bad considering the early drought is it?

The late drought is what held these back. They were beautiful, but needed another rain on them to finish them out and it never came.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    They don’t have to. It’s called the eye test. People have been using it since the beginning. Alabama has benefited from it for years. If you can’t see that Clemson backs are on a whole different level you are blind. Take off the garnet glasses. LSU defense is absolute trash. Only 1 team had won a national championship since 1998 with a defense not ranked in the top 25. Clemson defense is ranked in the top 5 in pretty much every measure. Plenty of teams that play terrible competition can’t even do that. I myself am concerned about the 3 man front but I put all faith in Venables. He knows what he is doing. Ohio state is the only team in the top 4 that bothers me. However, They have not done so hot against southern teams with speed in the last 10 years so until they do I think they are a bit of a farce to.
    You mean the same eye test where A&M scored 10 against Clemson but only 7 against LSU?

That's the same LSU that y'all clowns say doesn't have a defense.

A littl off topic: I think Utah is going to surprise a lot of people. I enjoyed the Utah / Colorado game last night.

If they end up number four, they are going to give OSU All they want.

With that, Dabo was right. Dabo is always right. Hail Dabo
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 12-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

And why do you think Clemson has a defense? Because Feetsdown told you.

Have you really become lazy enough to stop fishing for real fish and rely solely on trolling the Internet? They weather is nice, why don't you hook up the boat and leave the keyboard alone for a while.

Dabo is good at what he does and is smart and has surrounded himself with good people. He does tend to run his mouth a little to.much like saying on national TV that he knew that they were giving the players ostorine. But as far as lsu I think they are peaking right now they manhandled A&M last night. Held them to less points than Clemson did and scored twice as many. Think it will be a good matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I am not a Clemson fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Clemson would/will beat LSU easily. LSU has no defense, and they won't be able to score enough to keep up.
    Nor am I a Clemson fan. I love college football as much as the next guy, I don’t get on here and argue about it. If you really feel like LSU has no defense and Clemson will “easily” beat them you’re in for a rude awakening.
    More fuel = more boost!!

You mean the same eye test where A&M scored 10 against Clemson but only 7 against LSU?

September vs. November mean much?

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Have you really become lazy enough to stop fishing for real fish and rely solely on trolling the Internet? They weather is nice, why don't you hook up the boat and leave the keyboard alone for a while.
    He is fishing. He has one on the line right now.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The same defense that has allowed 38 against Vanderbilt and Texas. The one that also gave up 20 to Arkansas, that’s ranked 35th in total defense. Yes that one. Defense wins championships, they don’t have a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Can't fish ....I'm at the hospital with a family member and she's watching the food channel. Playing on my phone is my only entertainment to at least Tuesday.

I think they mean the lsu that would have hung 60 on UNC

Can't fish ....I'm at the hospital with a family member and she's watching the food channel. Playing on my phone is my only entertainment to at least Tuesday.

Bless your heart

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    I think that he is a master motivator and does things like this for reasons that may not be obvious to all. Brilliant tactician.

This

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Could you please explain why you think that?? I think they are exactly where they should be, at the moment, and I don't see any committee disrespect in that placement...lets explore...

Here are the Power 5 Conference Championship Games:

SEC
    LSU(2) vs UGA(4)

Big-12
    Baylor(9) vs Oklahoma(7)

Pac-12
    Oregon(14) vs Utah(6)

Big Ten
    Ohio State(1) vs Wisconsin(12)

ACC
    Clemson(3) vs Virginia(NR)

Now granted, these committee rankings will change a little on Tuesday because of yesterday's games, but the point will not change.
    Fact is that Clemson plays in the weakest conference(as shown by ranked match-ups in other conferences) and doesn't have a single "signature win". So, I think #3 is exactly where they should be based on the folks above, and below, them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Clemson will do just fine, but you can't rank them higher on a feeling. They need a body of work, from this season, to go by. It's not Clemson's fault that they haven't had the chance to prove themselves yet, but it is what it is, as they say.
    I think Clemson has the best players and the best player at the most important position. All of the rankings you cited are based off of opinion. I watch a lot of football and I have my opinion. 6 weeks ago, I didn’t think Clemson was a top 5 team. Now, I’m pretty convinced they won’t be challenged
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I think Clemson has the best players and the best player at the most important position. All of the rankings you cited are based off of opinion. I watch a lot of football and I have my opinion. 6 weeks ago, I didn’t think Clemson was a top 5 team. Now, I’m pretty convinced they won’t be challenged
    One thing's for sure...time will tell.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    He is fishing. He has one on the line right now.
    Nope. Navy jaded him long ago and the pain never stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are rankings bogus? I mean, listen to you folks. It is all about "eye ball tests" and shit. Dabo is using it as motivation because he knows he can not play a ranked team every year and still be in the playoffs. When you don't play ranked teams, people will ask questions. When your conference championship is with an unranked team, people will ask questions.

Dabo didn't have to say anything. Play top 10 or 15 teams in the regular season and STFU. Have a conference championship game with a top 1 or 2 team.

Dabo gets people’s attention in December and January.