Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dabo Whining

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Minnesota should have been beaten by Georgia Southern at Minnesota. Get outta here with that mess.
    Bowl games are not good measures of who is best. Especially in this day and time. You think Bama's receivers gonna lay out for some passes in a meaningless bowl? Hell no, they getting ready for the Combine.

College Football needs more out of conference games. I wish they could do a conference challenge in football like they do in basketball at the beginning of the year.
    USixC SHOULD HAVE BEEN BEATEN IN ATHENS......but they weren't.

So what is a good measure? What Kirk Herbsreit or Pawwwl Fienbawm says? Get out of here with that mess. Its the coach's job to get his team ready to play. If the players quit, then play with who you got.

I agree with more out of conference games. But if you look at the SEC out of conference schedule, its laughable. When the 12th game was added, it was supposed to be a good game, not another Charleston Southern.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 12-06-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: i can't spell good
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Minnesota should have been beaten by Georgia Southern at Minnesota. Get outta here with that mess.
    UofSC should’ve been beaten by Georgia AT Georgia too. What’s your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Hook em.

He still mad.

If they would cut it to 6 conference games , and the other 6 power five opponents only the whole conference strength thing would go away. Schedule who you want. Put up or shut up time. Put some balls back in it and eliminate the conjecture based on a faulty premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    If they would cut it to 6 conference games , and the other 6 power five opponents only the whole conference strength thing would go away. Schedule who you want. Put up or shut up time. Put some balls back in it and eliminate the conjecture based on a faulty premise.
    That would take the power away from the talking heads at the networks.....who pay the conferences.

That would be equivalent to a flat tax. Its so simple we wouldnt need law schools

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I’m crazy... I know.

Bowl games are not good measures of who is best. Especially in this day and time. You think Bama's receivers gonna lay out for some passes in a meaningless bowl? Hell no, they getting ready for the Combine.

College Football needs more out of conference games. I wish they could do a conference challenge in football like they do in basketball at the beginning of the year.
    And every bowl game is a chance to showcase your NFL talent against a fairly competitive team. Getting your ass kicked on national tv and then saying you didn't want to be there is not good. That's what bowls games are. Alabama will most likely play Wisconsin in their bowl game. They better be ready because people don't forget these games or their excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    JJ's gon' jump on you for usin' fancy words...

I didn’t have to look that one up.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    And every bowl game is a chance to showcase your NFL talent against a fairly competitive team. Getting your ass kicked on national tv and then saying you didn't want to be there is not good. That's what bowls games are. Alabama will most likely play Wisconsin in their bowl game. They better be ready because people don't forget these games or their excuses.
    Alabama better be hoping they don’t draw Utah if Oregon were to beat them. Last time wasn’t pretty.

And to be clear, that's what bowl games are......conference challenges.

Not really. We can say that, but you think a kid with a Pro career gives two shits about showing out in bowl? His work is done. Ask the Olineman from UNC that was going to be a 1st rounder....ask him what that bowl game did for him. If you think a Pro scout is going to evaluate those Bama WRs or that is going to make or break them, you are crazy.
    Hay is in the barn for those boys.

As far as scheduling games. Why would the SEC give a damn about what the rest of college football thinks. Follow the money. Why do you think there high schools in Texas larger than most ACC schools. SEC has shot (not gonna happen) to put 2 teams in the CFP. 2 years ago there was an all SEC National Championship game. You see any other conference doing that anytime soon? How about the ACC? Handy Manny going to turn things around down in Coral Gables?

Tell me CBS doesn't have the best deal in college football. They get first pick of the SEC every week.

Top regular season college football games (in millions of viewers):

1. Alabama v LSU - CBS - 16.64M
    2. Ohio State v UM - FOX - 12.42M
    3. Iron Bowl - CBS - 11.43M
    4. Penn St v OSU - FOX - 9.43M
    5. UGA v ND - CBS - 9.29M
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 12-06-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Texas did not quit in their bowl game.

When is BoBo starting at SC?

Georgia is at 4 with a shot at the CFP, Texas is still showing baby pictures of Eflinger with a Texas shirt on.

Agent Muschamp was an idiot for putting Bryan McClendon at OC. Dude was in over his head. I don't think Bobo is going to have enough time to help out in Cola.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 12-06-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Georgia is at 4 with a shot at the CFP, Texas is still showing baby pictures of Eflinger with a Texas shirt on.

Agent Muschamp was an idiot for putting Bryan McClendon at OC. Dude was in over his head. I don't think Bobo is going to have enough time to help out in Cola.
    So, who gets the Sugar Bowl? Alabama or UGA?

If LSU blows you out, will you be satisfied with the Citrus Bowl?

And Im pretty sure Texas is showing pictures of Elfinger beating y'alls ass.

UGA will end the season being boat raced twice but they play in the SEC so there’s that.

consider dissolving football in the ACC since it is weakly, frail, unmarketable, uninteresting and irrelevant?
    That would be a start, though I am sure Dabozo would whine and pout about that too

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    consider dissolving football at South Carolina since it is weakly, frail, unmarketable, uninteresting and irrelevant?
    That would be a start
    Fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    consider dissolving football in the ACC since it is weakly, frail, unmarketable, uninteresting and irrelevant?
    That would be a start, though I am sure Dabozo would whine and pout about that too
    And let Clemson have a spot in the SEC west.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk