Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC hunting accident

Default SC hunting accident

Hearing a 9 year old young man from the Barnwell area was killed while rabbit hunting today. Absolutely awful, prayers for the young man and his family.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Hearing a 9 year old young man from the Barnwell area was killed while rabbit hunting today. Absolutely awful, prayers for the young man and his family.
    I was in college with his father. Super nice guy! Absolutely heartbreaking news. Prayers all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

That's horrible. Any details on what happened?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    That's horrible. Any details on what happened?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    no clue yet
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Truly terrible. My worst nightmare.

I could NOT imagine....

Prayers for the families involved.

My son told me tonight.......I have no words and can't even comprehend what this father and the family are going through.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

God bless that family. I could not imagine.

Be careful out there guys. Always be sure of your target. Movement is not a target.

jeez... thats horrible. Rabbit hunting and man driving deer is two dangerous ways of hunting IMO

Terrible. prayers for the family. When not done proper rabbit hunting can get dangerous quick. I’ve had to walk away from some good rabbit killings because things were getting sketchy quick.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Terrible. prayers for the family. When not done proper rabbit hunting can get dangerous quick. I’ve had to walk away from some good rabbit killings because things were getting sketchy quick.
    I invited a guy I know with good dogs to run some of my land last year. My uncle heard about to asked if he could come. Told him ya, no problem. So the day before the hunt I went to Walmart and bought some cheap blaze orange hats and vests. When everyone showed up everyone, but my uncle already had on orange. I handed him one of the hats I bought and he said "what's that for, I'm not wearing orange". I told him that he could either put it on or leave.

I am rabbit hunting with my 11 year old son as I type this. My heart is a little lower than usual this morning. I'm keeping my boy a little closer. I hate it for that family.
    Last edited by teal74; 11-29-2019 at 09:54 AM.

You best pick your rabbit hunting buddies very carefully.

Back in the 90s we had a fella named Frankie hunt with us. He was wirey as hell and was a bundle energy bouncing off the walls from daylight until dark.

He stayed in the briars jumping rabbits. Better than any dog, but when he jumped them he shot them. He didn’t call the dogs and get a chase going, he would swing and shoot swing and shoot.

If you were close he could’ve easily shot someone
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Damn I hate to hear this, i kid about jump shooting rabbits but I dont like to share the briars with folks I dont trust. Prayers for that family.

Prayers sent for the family

From what I've heard the young decided to play a prank on his father. The boy hid in the bushes and as his dad approached the boy jumped out and the dad shot him.
    Non Supporting Member

What ever happened, the whole situation is terrible and I pray for the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Damn I hate hearing stuff like this.

The whole situation is just terrible. Prayers for the whole family. Gods grace be with them.

No coming back from something like that. Prayers for the family.