Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flounder Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    As you probably know, I appreciate smartassery more than most. But you don’t have to have a degree in biology to know that when you’re routinely standing knee deep in undersized flounder by-catch across the stern of a 100’ shrimp boat that you’re doing some damage to the resource.
    so it is an either or scenario for you? commercial shrimpers or regular ole fishermen?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    As you probably know, I appreciate smartassery more than most. But you don’t have to have a degree in biology to know that when you’re routinely standing knee deep in undersized flounder by-catch across the stern of a 100’ shrimp boat that you’re doing some damage to the resource.
    so it is an either or scenario for you? commercial shrimpers or regular ole fishermen?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I’m not advocating anything. I’m simply sharing a reality. You don’t have to agree with it.
    Last edited by Fish; 12-02-2019 at 01:01 PM.

42A5DEC8-674C-4765-A1DC-340B9C75CBB2.jpg
    I know the legislature has changed the laws two times since I have been in the house. We followed the DNR biologists recommendations.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Nice flounder DT
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

FISH is just mad bc he really really sucks at catching flounder.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot14 View Post
    What has gone on in NC in regards to Flounder is an absolute joke. Closing rec fishing/gigging, while allowing anyone with a commercial license to harvest flounder is not the solution. Guides are still allowed to take customers out and catch/keep limits as well. I doubt this has any positive effects on the populations, as gill netting is also legal in NC. The commercial cash that is funneled into political decisions in NC is astronomical, and the decisions show it.
    This x1000
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

“What has gone on in NC in regards to Flounder is an absolute joke. Closing rec fishing/gigging, while allowing anyone with a commercial license to harvest flounder is not the solution. Guides are still allowed to take customers out and catch/keep limits as well. I doubt this has any positive effects on the populations, as gill netting is also legal in NC. The commercial cash that is funneled into political decisions in NC is astronomical, and the decisions show it.“

This man gets it. DrDuck, however, doesn’t
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

You a joke dude
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"