Thread: In the midst of it!

Default In the midst of it!

Friends arrived for Thanksgiving on Saturday. My bud, his son, and I had a rare S component wind Sunday am...which is necessary on the pond I have for late season, and we were at the truck with a three man 73 minutes after legal. Went out Mon, but N wind severely limited the hunt and we had to work hard till 11:00 am for the 11 bird strap. Today was N wind with 10+” of fresh powder, and I had to work...so we are cooking dove filets and doing a coffee rubbed seared mallard dish with Brussels sprouts and Woodford Reserve and Caymus. 500+ new ducks on the pond on the way home with a constant stream bombing in from the west at noon when I checked on my way home from work. Tomorrow am...
    -2 at legal in a winter wonderland with sunny skies...with a S wind! South wind for Thanksgiving am also! I’m videoing it all and getting better at it. Stay tuned for epic, light bulb shining, mallard slaying amateur video.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Can you edit music into video?
    867-5309

This made my head hurt!!! Less words and more pics please!!
    Last edited by fro; 11-26-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    This made my head hurt!!! Less words and more pics please!!
    To many Tito’s?

Good stuff
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Good deal.

How’s Bessie working out for you?

Kiss of friggin death. Next time I think about posting a nearly sure-thing on here before said sure-thing happens, I gotta remember not to. In less than 12 hours, a 20 acre, very deep pond that I’ve never seen freeze up...froze up. We got there, tried to break us a hole without too much chunk ice...and couldn’t get it good. The ducks and geese were in a bad spot for us with groups heading out to feed while others kept the hole open. If we had a week to wait it out, I’d have backed out, but my friends leave in a couple of days, and the pond will be locked up till then. My bud’s son let the first shot fly to kill his first ever goose, then we got to shoot, reload, shoot, reload, and shoot again as 1000+ got up and flew by us. After a five to 10 minute lull, we worked 20 or so groups that would get just close enough to not get shot; wanted in that pond in a big way, but they were having no part of our sad looking spread of locked in decoys surrounded by chunk ice. It was almost the perfect morning...everything was right except for the total lockup. Thirty minutes after the group left out of there, the hole they were in was locked up tight. Will be trying our hand tomorrow and Friday on some public land with access to a small river/creek. I apologize for the letdown, but I will eventually get some decent video and dead ducks posted on here. Dammit!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 11-27-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Ice is a show stopper. Unless you can beat it.

So, I’m guessing that’s a “not too good” on Bessie?

All Bessie did was force all the ducks to land on the east side of the other early season waterhole no matter how the wind blew...which was great, because I could hide well on the east side. Bessie ended up being a bust as a blind, but I had a few really good hunts because of her forcing the birds to land on my head on the other side. That hole froze quick then evaporated in short order.