Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Light Camera Scam

Default Red Light Camera Scam

Read about this a while ago, how local governments have installed red light cameras and shortened the duration of the yellow light to generate ticket revenue. They have also cause numbers accidents and fatalities, according to some. Anyone familiar? The article below is a few years old, just curious if this came to a head, or was forgotten about and continues to silently be rolled out.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-o...U-VXG26D11tdg/
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I want them in columbia

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I don’t understand how this is legal. How do they prove who was driving the car. Traffic violations are against the driver, not the vehicle.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

It's a Sixth Amendment issue. You are unable to confront your accuser, a non-human entity, to wit, a camera.

I know the there are a shit ton of drivers blowing through red lights in Kingstree. It's turned in to my pet peeve. I know a shortened yellow light ain't the answer but I wish I knew what was.

I'm currently at the "writing a sternly worded letter to the town" point.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    I want them in columbia
    I’d be fine with it because I’ve had several close calls myself and I generally do a 1,2,3 count before I take off on a green light. Too many people on their phones and not watching the lights(or anything) far enough ahead is a bigger problem if you could find a solution for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    It's a Sixth Amendment issue. You are unable to confront your accuser, a non-human entity, to wit, a camera.
    You are being accused by the state and the picture is evidence, confront them in court. I would like to see them on alot more intersections

No need for legislation on a traffic light in my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    You are being accused by the state and the picture is evidence, confront them in court. I would like to see them on alot more intersections
    How do they prove who was driving from a picture of a license plate?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

The cameras in the metro Atlanta area also snag a picture of the driver in addition to the license plate.

Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savannah Ga. Use red light cameras. I found out the hard way.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Any city that can afford that much crap is either too big to live in or the taxes are way too high.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Any city that can afford that much crap is either too big to live in or the taxes are way too high.
    The camera company makes the money. The city gets a cut. It’s more of the privatization of the prison state.

I cannot believe the responses that “you WANT” more surveillance!

Every kid with a pellet gun should be set loose on the cameras.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 11-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

To every body that wants these- Fuck You and move to fuckin yankee land- THEY ARE NOT LEGAL IN SC AND SHOULD NEVER BE

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    To every body that wants these- Fuck You and move to fuckin yankee land- THEY ARE NOT LEGAL IN SC AND SHOULD NEVER BE

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    The camera company makes the money. The city gets a cut. It’s more of the privatization of the prison state.

I cannot believe the responses that “you WANT” more surveillance!

Every kid with a pellet hun should be set loose on the cameras.
    Agreed to both.

This is the FakeBook generation. Begging the Orwellian police state to "protect me" from people who run yellow lights. "Please Mr. Big Government, keep me safe!" This is the crap I'm talking about when I say too many on here are a bunch of liberals. People have been pushing the envelope on yellow lights for generations and they've also been running red lights for generations, but the bunch of wimps today need surveillance state protection.

People break into houses too, y'all gonna let the mighty state put surveillance cameras in your bedrooms and the bathrooms where your wives and daughters sleep and bath?

How many of y'all call 911 when you see a spider in your bathtub? Wait, don't answer that, I don't want to puke tonight.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I mean just damn- please Mr Policeman- put an automatic tax/jail machine on every corner, you don't take enough of my money or freedom, please take more.

Drive with a little common sense and they will never affect you.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I know the there are a shit ton of drivers blowing through red lights in Kingstree. It's turned in to my pet peeve. I know a shortened yellow light ain't the answer but I wish I knew what was.

I'm currently at the "writing a sternly worded letter to the town" point.
    I refuse to believe Kingskree popo aren’t ticketing folks running red lights. They busted my ass at 10 over coming into town with that bullshit speed trap and no less than three patrol cars and four officers showed up to write the damn ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Drive with a little common sense and they will never affect you.
    Statements like this are why this country is going hell in a hand basket.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Statements like this are why this country is going hell in a hand basket.
    That ain't no part of a lie. If you think red light cameras are a good idea, you're part of the damn problem.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.