Thread: Bed Liners

Default Bed Liners

I know nothing about this topic so was hopeful to get some guidance. Looking at a new to me truck and the only flaw I can see in the thing is that it doesn't have a bed liner. Just painted metal. No plastic factory liner, or otherwise which wont cut it. Old Toyota I had, had a spray in liner, however no clue what brand. Current truck has a plastic liner that is hot garbage. Liquid gets under the liner and seeps out over time and kind of sucks when deer blood gets under it (current issue). if I buy this truck - will want to get it sprayed in... what am I looking at in terms of ballpark costs and see online that there are a variety of brands - and sure all have their pros and cons, but what is the best value?

Thanks in advance.

Line-x. Prob $400-600 depending on what level thickness and uv coating or not.

There are others, just the only one I have experience with. I’ve seen some crappy prep work from others and it not hold up. Saw one that they sprayed over the hardware that hold the tailgate latch cover on. You’d have to cut the bedliner away to acces the inside of the tailgate handle if it ever broke.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 11-26-2019 at 10:36 AM.

I’ve had Line-x and Rhino. My opinion Rhino is much tougher but fades easier. My Line-x still looks good but is cut in 2 places. I’ve never had a Rhino cut.

Have the linex in my work truck and I still keep a rubber mat in there to keep shit from sliding around. Think the rhino liners are more rubbery and stuff doesn’t shift nearly as easily. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Have the linex in my work truck and I still keep a rubber mat in there to keep shit from sliding around. Think the rhino liners are more rubbery and stuff doesn’t shift nearly as easily. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong.
    I’ve had Rhino and Line-X and that’s what I saw. But I wouldn’t hesitate to get either one again. I think my Line-X was $450 or so two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Definitely less sliding around with Rhino!
    Last edited by jmjsc; 11-26-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Had Rhino in two trucks and LineX in two. I’d rather have the Rhino, wore it slick in my 2000 F350 and it still kept things from sliding. LineX is to hard and has no grip.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a Rhino in a 2000 F250. Still going strong.

Make them install it before you buy said new truck. Most dealers have a deal with someone to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I agree about rhino doing s good job of keeping stuff where you put it.