Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moultrie pro feeders

Customer service chick at moultrie asked if I am using 5amp 6 volts or 4 amp six volts.

I would bet $ I am using 4 amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidently Calhoun County bucks did not get the memo from QDMA that 2th speaks about, at our club we kill nice bucks every year under a feeder. Why not convert these spin feeders to a Moultrie Dinner Plate gravity fed feeder and forget about problems. I have nice bucks stand in line to get there to feed from them.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

I hope that's the case and it's an easy fix for you.

I'm pulling my young'n out of school early today to go sit over some corn. Determined for him to connect this year.
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-25-2019 at 11:20 AM.

had this conversation today with a friend. I am really wanting to try a feeder or 2 but am hesitant because of all the people in sumter and lee county that claim you could never kill a mature buck around a feeder. And then I have other people show me pics of nice bucks feeding under them in Kingstree and Orangeburg: Go figure. Maybe our deer over here are really of a superior intellect! But I am tired of hauling corn into remote locations that last a day and would sure like to have a feeder running continuously. Hate to experiment with the price of an All season or Texas feeder but also do not want to have squirrels eat through a $100.00 plastic Moultire.

I use the Moultrie 55 gallon metal feeders and have no issues with squirrels or coons. Rechargeable solar batteries last for several years. All ya gotta do is fill them up.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 11-25-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

They will use a feeder if you leave them up and stay out of there. If you bumble in there every 4 days and check your camera like toof probly does then you probly won't get the results you expect
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

agreed. and if your analysis is based off of TC pictures, your only getting a sliver of reality.. The mature bucks that I kill early November every season are usually random deer showing with no history. of course its relevant to food sources that you have, but bucks are not scared of a feeder.
    Moultrie are good people, and will make it right.
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 11-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.

this picture is recent, the date is actually 11/16
    Screenshot_20191125-195011.jpg

I think in the past, mature bucks probably did avoid feeders. Today’s 4 year old buck has been going to a feeder his whole life. His doe mamma took him from the beginning. That said, I run them to keep does on my property which results in bucks on my property during the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I think in the past, mature bucks probably did avoid feeders. Today’s 4 year old buck has been going to a feeder his whole life. His doe mamma took him from the beginning. That said, I run them to keep does on my property which results in bucks on my property during the rut.

This

This deer is at least 6 years old. He was shot 3 years ago in his right front shoulder under this same exact feeder.
    6E81AAAC-6999-4B56-BF21-5B937EF58E46.jpg

This is him the year he was shot
    DB810106-2262-4DE2-BD2F-C6F3E2A815F4.jpg

These feeder pics have to be just as fake as the moon landing.

#fakenews
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

My hunting partner had one at his house where he has a stand and would not work. LCD screen was lit up and time was correct but would not spin.

We found a broken wire and repaired it and works fine now

i love this place
    anecdotal evidence be damned.
    I'm glad you have a pic with a deer under it. I have some too....but not many....at all.

Its ok. Y'all dont have to convince me. I am quite certain deer are different in different areas.
    Keep on keeping on.

https://www.qdma.com/which-deer-visi...search-is-out/
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i love this place
    anecdotal evidence be damned.
    I'm glad you have a pic with a deer under it. I have some too....but not many....at all.

Its ok. Y'all dont have to convince me. I am quite certain deer are different in different areas.
    Keep on keeping on.

https://www.qdma.com/which-deer-visi...search-is-out/
    I never saw a deer feeding under a feeder until this year. They had always acted afraid of them. I have seen quite a few this year though. The only difference that I can tell is that this year the feeders are set to only go off early in the evening....actually late afternoon like 3:30.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

well then you just keep setting your feeders for 330 and kill everyone of them!

did anyone read the study?
    I didn't think so.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Interesting study and it's what I've found on my place. Bucks are rare under feeders.

But then I see pictures like this from a few miles away from my place and don't know if it's true or not.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 2.54.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 2.54.07 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Geetch; 11-26-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    well then you just keep setting your feeders for 330 and kill everyone of them!

did anyone read the study?
    I didn't think so.
    I read it. Twice. They ran feeders from September-early Jan for 2 years. I wouldn’t expect them to get mature deer that way.

I think if you run your feeders at consistent times 365 days a year, and don’t over hunt, after 3-4 years the mature bucks will use them regularly. The key is to only go in to fill the feeders and don’t be in and out several times a month. Make it secure and make it their normal.

I fill my feeders every 5 weeks. I only pull cards when I fill the feeders. I get plenty of pics of mature bucks in the daytime. But they have been eating under these feeders since they had spots.