Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purple Mattress

Default Purple Mattress

Anyone have one?

Specifically the purple 4?

Whatcha think?
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-23-2019 at 07:37 PM.

I'd call Jay and close this thread.

I wonder if Jay could hook me up with a cooling pillow that actually cools? Mine turn into heating blanket after about 5 minutes.
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-23-2019 at 07:25 PM.

I’m sure jay makes a fine mattress and if was in the upstate I’d pay him a visit. But I’m not nor do I see myself going to Greenville to pick a mattress up. The purple grid intrigues me. Curious to see if it would help with lower back pain. Plenty of reviews say yes. Just looking for some first hand info.

He will ship to your house...

Does Jay carry the purple mattress?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I wonder if Jay could hook me up with a cooling pillow that actually cools? Mine turn into heating blanket after about 5 minutes.
    Yeah, I've developed a pillow-flipping schedule for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Does Jay carry the purple mattress?
    I don’t think purple has any retail and Jay is a manufacture I think?

Jay makes a bad ass mattress and the best thing i did for my lower back was to get an inversion table.

You hot pillow people...

Look at the Purple Harmony pillow. $160 but that sucker has to be cool. If I end up pulling the trigger on a mattress, I’m ordering the pillow. Even if I don’t order the mattress I may get the pillow.

Thanks RT, and apologies for derailing.

The purple products come with a 100 night trial.

My opinion on purple for what its worth. They are very well marketed. The grid gel is garbage. Its basically like sleeping on plastic and offers no cooling benefits. Go lay on a pool float and tell me how much air flow you get between your skin and the plastic float. Its also incredibly heavy. I experimented with the column wall gel before purple was even a company and we decided not to use it because of those reasons. It seemed good at first but the negative aspects of it came to light fairly quickly once we started making mattresses with it. If I was going to recommend bed in a box brands the only ones I would really suggest are the following.

https://sleepingorganic.com/ (assembled in Charleston, SC)
    https://www.avocadogreenmattress.com/
    https://www.parachutehome.com/produc...?opt-size=king (made in Greenville, SC)
    http://helixsleep.com/ (some of the beds they offer are legit)

The other bed in a box brands are generally going to fail on you in a relatively short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Jay makes a bad ass mattress and the best thing i did for my lower back was to get an inversion table.
    Charlie knows what’s up. Jay’s made two for me. Last one was a split king on an adjustable base, yeah I sleep good for a fraction of what retailers charge. Is that purple thing like a Tempurpedic? I hated that thing for a lot of reasons.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Where is this J mattress place?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

If you have lower back pain, get an adjustable base and mattress. I’m 6’4”, 280lbs, and the best thing I ever did for my back, and my reflux was to get the adjustable base. My wife and I got the split king after we got married, and it has been some of the best money we ever spent. When we bought our’s, the salesman handed us the remote and said “Have fun.” After I folded my wife up like a taco, and got serious about where it was positioned to feel comfortable, it was magic. I could feel my back relax. Head and feet slightly elevated and man it feels good. Lay it flat like most all of us are used to sleeping, and you feel like your spine is going to come out your chest.

We are on Congaree road in Greenville. Engineered Sleep Mattress Company. We make all different kinds of mattresses. We do weird shapes or odd sizes as well. I was just in Charlotte today meeting with members of the Chicago Bulls who are too tall for any standard size mattress. We brought our van up with samples and fitted them for mattresses at the Ritz Carlton before their game tonight. We manufacture all of our beds and are currently making about 300 mattresses per day. Let me know if you want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    If you have lower back pain, get an adjustable base and mattress. I’m 6’4”, 280lbs, and the best thing I ever did for my back, and my reflux was to get the adjustable base. My wife and I got the split king after we got married, and it has been some of the best money we ever spent. When we bought our’s, the salesman handed us the remote and said “Have fun.” After I folded my wife up like a taco, and got serious about where it was positioned to feel comfortable, it was magic. I could feel my back relax. Head and feet slightly elevated and man it feels good. Lay it flat like most all of us are used to sleeping, and you feel like your spine is going to come out your chest.
    And this is solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I’m sure jay makes a fine mattress and if was in the upstate I’d pay him a visit. But I’m not nor do I see myself going to Greenville to pick a mattress up. The purple grid intrigues me. Curious to see if it would help with lower back pain. Plenty of reviews say yes. Just looking for some first hand info.
    Jay will put it on your door step.

Jay,

What's the difference in the mattresses you make vs the mattress companies you suggested? I see some of them offer latex over coils like yours. Is it just they box them and ship them? I'm hearing you do this as well.

Talk to me.