Thread: Garmin Bow-sight

Default Garmin Bow-sight

Anybody seen these yet? What are y'alls thoughts?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fi...tal-bow-sight/

No pins, built in rangefinder, $800...

Guy in the hunt club has one he likes it. He was tired of having to range a deer, put on his readers adjust his sight then the deer moved as he would have to repeat the process.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have been looking at them for the better part of a year. I like the clean housing of a single pin sight. However, having to move a pin after drawing has always been a fear of mine. One of the best things I like about it, is it can store multiple arrow set ups. I shoot 3d and hunt but those are two different arrows for me. With the Garmin all I would have to do is adjust my rest for the larger diameter target arrow and I would be good to go. Right now it’s a pita to switch it over after hunting season.

To me there are some down sides though. It’s battery operated so if the battery dies you are screwed. Another one is it is heavy compared to other sights. The biggest one for me is the cost.

Burris makes one as well that is a bit cheaper but not as fancy. The Burris has a permanent 20 yard pin so if the red dot fails, you can still pull off a shot.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 11-21-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I have been looking at them for the better part of a year. I like the clean housing of a single pin sight. However, having to move a pin after drawing has always been a fear of mine. One of the best things I like about it, is it can store multiple arrow set ups. I shoot 3d and hunt but those are two different arrows for me. With the Garmin all I would have to do is adjust my rest for the larger diameter target arrow and I would be good to go. Right now it’s a pita to switch it over after hunting season.

To me there are some down sides though. It’s battery operated so if the battery dies you are screwed. Another one is it is heavy compared to other sights. The biggest one for me is the cost.

Burris makes one as well that is a bit cheaper but not as fancy. The Burris has a permanent 20 yard pin so if the red dot fails, you can still pull off a shot.
    Weight and cost are the 2 biggest hurdles they need to address. I’m hoping they release a new model at the ATA show this year. I’ve shot the garmin and Burris, both are fine pieces of equipment, but the sight picture is far more unobstructed on the garmin.

I was going to go with the Garmin but it doesn’t work well with my astigmatism. I like the concept and if I could see it well then it would be on my bow. I have a couple buddies that love theirs.

I have gadget issues so that almost makes me want to take up bow hunting...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I like the clean housing of a single pin sight. However, having to move a pin after drawing has always been a fear of mine. One of the best things I like about it, is it can store multiple arrow set ups. I shoot 3d and hunt but those are two different arrows for me. With the Garmin all I would have to do is adjust my rest for the larger diameter target arrow and I would be good to go. Right now it’s a pita to switch it over after hunting season.
    One thing I learned while antelope hunting this year is that I will never go out west with a one pin slider again, I came to full draw and had to let down and move the sight a half dozen times. Next time I'll have a five pin slider. As far as the multiple arrow set ups go, one of my buddies has I think 3 arrows saved on his Garmin, his elk arrow, whitetail arrow and 3d arrow.

Seems like it would be especially useful out West for sure.

i aint buying something to put on my bow that costs more than my bow.

i know what 20 yards looks like. I also know what 40 yards looks like. I dont shoot that far.

Why do you people make this so difficult? You wanna shoot 100 yards, take the rifle.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

oh...and thats a pretty neat sight, fwiw
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 11-21-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    One thing I learned while antelope hunting this year is that I will never go out west with a one pin slider again, I came to full draw and had to let down and move the sight a half dozen times. Next time I'll have a five pin slider. As far as the multiple arrow set ups go, one of my buddies has I think 3 arrows saved on his Garmin, his elk arrow, whitetail arrow and 3d arrow.
    Thanks for the advice that is likely my next sight (multi-pin slider). I am currently trying to gear up for a westerly big game hunt, likely elk.

What happens when it fails? Especially if you have saved up and gone out west. My luck a monster bull would stand broadside and the sight would go to crap.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

For what it’s worth they are not legal in Colorado and I’m sure some other states as well.

I’m with 2th. I’ve never brought a range finder to a stand and can’t imagine moving my pins while a deer is walking around below me.