Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help for homeless gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I agree. I don’t think this guys goal would be to have a sweet camping setup. I would imagine helping him find a home is the most useful thing “we” can do for him.
    Agree 100%! I just want to help him out until he gets his first couple checks in his pocket. With the available OT and DT at this company he should be bringing home ~ $1500 a week. Once he has some money there is an extended stay motel just a mile from work that he should be able to afford a room at
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Any more background/info on Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    anyone shuttling from the lowcountry?

I can spare a “coleman style” grill and a 1lb tank or two. Also have a few extra random cans of soup/veggies we could spare from hurricane season.

This is a rough time to be down and out. prayers up for this gentleman and hoping he gets back on top with his new occupation.
    I'll be heading from Charleston to Greenville on the 26th and would be happy to take a few items with me.

Been stopping to talk to him every evening for 10-20 minutes on my way home. Haven’t gotten a ton on his back story other than his mother does live in Greer, but he doesn’t have much to do with her. He said there is a rough past with her. We have prayed together every day before I left. Phoneman gave him a sleeping bag which he actually fits in. Picked him up a lockable box, cable, and locks for him this evening thanks to Bogster. Picked him up 10 propane cylinders, wicks for the lantern, and some other small hygiene items he asked for(thanks to others that donated money). He wants to go to church with me and another co worker Sunday, but the plant has asked if he would like to work and make some double time money. I would love to see him at church, but I know he can use the money as well. Got a good bit of money left that some of you donated, going to take him to goodwill this weekend and try to find him some clothes that fit. He only has 3 pair of pants, and we had some 5xl work shirts we gave him.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Agree 100%! I just want to help him out until he gets his first couple checks in his pocket. With the available OT and DT at this company he should be bringing home ~ $1500 a week. Once he has some money there is an extended stay motel just a mile from work that he should be able to afford a room at
    I'm all about helping him and I am getting some things together,, but damn $6000 /mo potential. He should not have a problem finding a trailer to rent. I will be getting the stuff together this weekend and will be in touch
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Completely agree Stumpknocker! Just want to try to help him until he gets his first 2 or 3 checks and then it’s on him. I want to see him be successful on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Completely agree Stumpknocker! Just want to try to help him until he gets his first 2 or 3 checks and then it’s on him. I want to see him be successful on his own.
    And you are doing a great thing for him and he will remember it forever. Will holler at you in the next few days
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Glad he will be warm tonight. Hopefully when he gets on his feet he can bless someone less fortunate than himself.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Is anyone available to deliver a meal on Thanksgiving if I order? Potentially could touch a few folks through food, especially on Thanksgiving. Cody, I'll figure out Venmo if that makes the most sense.
    Last edited by TennDan; 11-21-2019 at 05:35 AM.

TennDan, thank you! My co worker and I are both talking about inviting him to our family dinners if he would like to join us. Least I will do is bring him a plate, even if he doesn’t want to join us

Send me the venmo info as well. Money can go to whatever needs he has.

NVM, found it on page 2.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 11-21-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

NVM, found it on page 2.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! Everyone has been so gracious to help this man out!

Venmo sent. Use it how you see fit. Good one you for helping him. This is what we are supposed to do.
    Last edited by PharmHunter; 11-21-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Did he get a heater.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Did he get a heater.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Yes sir! Got him a Mr.Buddy heater

if the point is for him to stop being homeless, stop making him so comfortable!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    It is like the Mayor of San Francisco is posting here...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I'm not trying to make him "comfortable". I am trying to give this man a hand up, not a hand out. I pray that you never fall on hard times like this man has, but if you do I hope someone is willing to help you out like people are helping this man. Otherwise how about if your going to be a miserable SOB, keep your mouth shut and mind your own damned business.

Seriously. The guy has already mentioned, more than once, that he is just helping him out temporarily until he gets a few paychecks. The guy obviously has a job, not like they're giving an unemployed guy all this stuff so he doesn't need to find a job to get it himself.

Good on your for helping this man, CantCareSB. That is very generous what you and everyone else has done for him and that would be quite a gesture to have him join you for Thanksgiving or take him a plate if he doesn't want to join.