Thread: Question on Bushnell AR Optics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question on Bushnell AR Optics

Does anyone know how the optics on the current Bushnell AR line of scopes (ex: 3-9x40) compares to the old Elite 3200/3500 or 4200/4500 series of scopes?

I'm trying to get through to Bushnell Customer service but have been in the que line for over two hours. I'd like to get an answer yet today because the discount code I've got is only valid through midnight.

Fwiw, I've already got Swaros and Kahles scopes. This is for a lower end purpose.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Did you get an answer from Bushnell?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Did you get an answer from Bushnell?
    No. It was taking forever so when their system asked if I'd like a call back I agreed, but still haven't heard from the. It's too late for the coupon code, but I'd still like to know their technical response.

I'll post up what I learn, if I ever learn it.
    ~ George Washington

Go with a Vortex Sornora 4-12-44 and thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Go with a Vortex Sornora 4-12-44 and thank me later.
    I really question any Vortex below the Viper PST Gen II, but if that $149 price still holds, with the $100 mount included, it's hard to go wrong with a test. But PSA is out of stock right now, so I'll get to test the Bushnell soon. It's going on a rifle that only gets occasional use for the stray coyotes out back so with will probably do a decent job.

Thanks.
    ~ George Washington

Thoughts on the Nikon p-tactical? Discounted at euro optics right now

Personally, I’m not a knob twister so I don’t care for the large turrets on the lower powered scopes. I can see their practicality when shooting long range targets, etc, but like a heavier basic MOA reticle for shorter range (500 yds and under) hunting.

I also don’t really like the Nikon ballistic reticles in general as they seem to be harder to see in shaded/lower light areas, but your hunting area and mileage may vary.
    ~ George Washington

I have the Busnell 1-4x24 AR throw down on a 300 blk. I got it in some horse trading somewhere. I actually really like it. It’s all in comparison. If your expectations are too high, it will fall short, but for the money I think it’s better than others I’ve looked at in its price range. I like that I can use it as a red dot, or stretch it on out depending on what I’m doing.
    To answer your original question, it is inferior to my old Elite 4200. Can’t really compare the two. They are two totally different scopes. Not sure if that helps at all.

Woodie - I have the M223 and M308 scopes and had a 3200 series which was just sold. I would say they're all comparable. The M-Series is not as good of glass as the upper 4500 and 6500 series (the old B&L models). However, I have no complaints and they have held up well. Not a bad value for the dollar.

All that said, the Leica ER-5 that EuroOptic had on sale for about $600 is the bomb. Glass is exceptional for the dollar (every bit as good or better than the NF SHV) but like you, I wish it had an MOA/BD reticle. Not sure if they're still out there or not...

Ive got an Elite Tactical 1-6.5 FFP BTR illuminated reticle Mil/Mil scope. It been on an AR10 I used for 3 gun. Great scope. Since they started allowing Red Dots in Heavy Limited I haven't used it much. Ive got several pieced of glass I need to turn green.

I'm looking for something pretty cheap for my first ar assembly (feels a little weird calling it a build)