Thread: Underground electric fence.....

Default Underground electric fence.....

Who has em and what is the best if there is one?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Hahaha which one is trying to get away from you?
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    Hahaha which one is trying to get away from you?
    Well, we lost the GSP pup last Oct to roadkill on the highway.
    The wife and kids are freaked about the pointer pup and always nervous about it.
    She is mostly with me or shut up in the kennel but gonna put all 3 dogs on the system....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

We just had Invisible Fence put one in for us. Did 2 1/4 acres for ~2k. This included all of the training visits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    We just had Invisible Fence put one in for us. Did 2 1/4 acres for ~2k. This included all of the training visits as well.
    2K....Wow!
    My teenage striker will be doing the wire burial on 6 acres for hunting privileges!

I wish I would have had free labor, my oldest is 5. Trust me I went back and forth about it for a while. But it has a lifetime warranty if anything breaks or gets cut and I didn’t feel like digging at the time. I did like the fact that they trench the wire fairly deep so it’s not easily hit with an edger or aerator or things of that sort. 5-6 inches deep.
    Last edited by SCWOODROW; 11-18-2019 at 07:58 AM.

sent you a PM cali

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    2K....Wow!
    My teenage striker will be doing the wire burial on 6 acres for hunting privileges!
    once he's done with the boardwalk....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    once he's done with the boardwalk....
    He has a list....

I would think the wire could be put down with a subsoil plow instead of a trencher. If so, it wouldn't be that big of a job.

My dad and I put one in when I was younger and bought a pawn shop chain saw to cut a mini trench for the wire. He went around with the saw cutting and I followed with the spool and put the wire in the crack. Threw the saw out when were done. Relatively small lot though, maybe a 1/3 acre.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I would think the wire could be put down with a subsoil plow instead of a trencher. If so, it wouldn't be that big of a job.

I put down 6 acres worth that way a few years ago. Hose clamped a short stick of emt conduit with a 90 to the back of a single shank subsoiler. Only downside was having to stub up where two spools of wire were joined inside a short stick of PVC pipe with a cap.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Ain't worth a shit. My stubborn ass black lab knows where it's at and if there is something beyond it that he wants, he will make sure to get a running start. Then he's smart enough to not run back through it and will wait for me to get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Son in Law/Daughter put one out for their 2 German Shepherds, probably got over an acre maybe 2 fenced in and works fine

SIL bought the kit for $600 and with help of a friend put in himself .

Bless one of the dogs hearts. He was running after me one day when I was cutting through there on tractor bushhogging One dog learned quickly and stopped but the other one kept going and got caught up in the fence. Felt sorry for him but was kind of comical.

They told me dogs figured it out pretty quick , he put it out this spring and had little flags marking it and left them out for about a month .