Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Divers

Ok. UNCLE! Sorry for initial skepticism. What are the rules regarding moving there?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

No thanks on the fish.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Are you shooting lead over there? What is the ammo budget like?
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Are you shooting lead over there? What is the ammo budget like?
    Yes, we only have 1 manufacturer owned by government producing lead shot only.....we don't have steal shots or any other company.... market price is 1600 but if converted to $, it equates to around 8$ a box (25).... I recycle so it costs me approx. 5$ per 30...

Although we had a decent bag but still no divers....4 flocks passed by but nun responded to calls or anything.... I'm thinking of making the duck thang or wake maker
    Attachment 51727
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:35 AM.

I need to get a passport....
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

I'm almost convinced this cyrus guy is some kind of human trafficker for rednecks, but hell, sign me up.

From scanning the thread, here are my thoughts to cyrus.

You need a layout boat. The lower profile the better. There is a guy that post on this site that does not use decoys for diver hunting. He just waits for them to land, then uses his layout/sneak boat and a trolling motor to get up close to them. I'm sure that's not your style of hunting, but a low profile layout boat is critical for divers. Get away from any land and build yourself a UFO style layout boat. There are plans for it on the internet and probably even a thread on this website for a custom build.

Stick around.

I had to laugh at the fish pictures. Those are considered "trash fish" in the USA, even the hillbillies will not eat those. I'm sure you've got some kind of pan fish though. If not, maybe some of the goliath shrimp.
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 12-06-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    I'm almost convinced this cyrus guy is some kind of human trafficker for rednecks, but hell, sign me up.

From scanning the thread, here are my thoughts to cyrus.

You need a layout boat. The lower profile the better. There is a guy that post on this site that does not use decoys for diver hunting. He just waits for them to land, then uses his layout/sneak boat and a trolling motor to get up close to them. I'm sure that's not your style of hunting, but a low profile layout boat is critical for divers. Get away from any land and build yourself a UFO style layout boat. There are plans for it on the internet and probably even a thread on this website for a custom build.

Stick around.

I had to laugh at the fish pictures. Those are considered "trash fish" in the USA, even the hillbillies will not eat those. I'm sure you've got some kind of pan fish though. If not, maybe some of the goliath shrimp.
    LOL....
    I'm pissed to a point that i'm gonna bait and kill the shit out of the divers now.....
    we have fresh water carp family robo labeo, catla, trout, cat fish & Hilsa.......and almost all kind of sea fish...honestly speaking i dont have the patience for fishing... So during waterfowl, we put net across the river.... or....bait for 8-12 hours and then use a wax dynamite stick, it doesnt kill the fish but makes it dizzy due to the shock, so jump in, catch as many as you can start throwing them on the shore/land lol.... you get 5 mins max then they swim away.

Cyrus, I think you've figured out the perfect strategy .

Otherwise I'd second the Layout boats.

how far do you live from the ocean?

I need to figure out how far I need to walk after I swim the Pacific.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    how far do you live from the ocean?

I need to figure out how far I need to walk after I swim the Pacific.
    Around 1500 km lol

Cyrus, I did not scan every post but where are you located? Is it safe for Southern Americans that don’t get out much to travel there? Do y’all drink beer? Can you just buy dynamite and lite it off? Do y’all have pretty girls? I’m fascinated.

Cyrus, check your PM's.

My man getting ready to have a deal setup to book hunts to go see Cyrus.
    Dibs to be in the first group to go.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Cyrus, I did not scan every post but where are you located? Is it safe for Southern Americans that don’t get out much to travel there? Do y’all drink beer? Can you just buy dynamite and lite it off? Do y’all have pretty girls? I’m fascinated.
    Let's roll .

Quote Originally Posted by prcn View Post
    Rofl and yea I’m in that group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by prcn View Post
    Doubt I’ll book anything ... but if he wants to host a hunt and I can shoot ducks, quail, and big game then I’ll buy a plane ticket in a heartbeat.

I would just like to know that I could go at this point.

Hell yeah
    I’m in
    Sounds amazing
    Seriously
    I Am IN

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Its safe...Beer is available, not much variety but we have 8% 500 ml around 3$ a beer lol....dynamite is not accessible for all but i can and yes, i can lite it off ...

girls, we ll if your into tan chicks, then its a heaven..... so the tradition is to have a born fire, river bank, some drinks and dancing girls.... in the morning, if you're able to hunt, you get a decent bag lol.

You guys are welcome...

So i've put the bait and waiting for few days for ducks to settle.... I'm hoping to have divers this time... if not, I'll follow Brandon advise....

mean while, we got a decent share of ducks and partridges this weekend.....A redhead flock passed from around 50 yards and I finally shot 5 but they didn't bother responding to a call.... was flying around eye height, 5-6 feet above water and seems didn't distracted by the hide, however, they avoided flying over the decoys like one of the members mentioned in this thread.....I'm concluding the habitat or preference is different divers and dabbling.
    Attachment 51840
    Attachment 51841
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Nice! I see Eurasian Wigeon in that last pic!