Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Divers

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Ok...I’m sitting here imagining a tiny torpedo...or maybe a diamond rattler...or chugger. It’s right in the middle of a bunch of really awesome looking Lilly pads in rich, black, tannic water and just past a submerged log...it’s been still for many seconds, but the ripples from its last beautiful lurch forward are still waving those lilly pads. You just know...you feel the eyes of several fat largemouths staring...mesmerized...waiting for that next lurch to trip that trigger wound tight in all who have turned their attention to this amazing thing.
    Went over me English is not native language but its not publicity stunt or anything......
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Need a photo of your spread to critique now obviously.
    Last edited by scdiver; 11-19-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: not a guide

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Twitch that flashy lure.

You're a guide? Makes sense

Need a photo of your spread to critique now obviously.
    No, I'm not a guide.... I ma farmer......the river flows through my land.... I hunt 7 days a week or as when and want to.....I host friends and families Only wants to hunt, Free. The hide is usually in 2 feet still water and away from shore giving enough space at the back for fowl.....I tried moving the hide on shore or on the edge......Also have pits....usually river flows fast and has muddy water....

I've tried different decoy setups... From 20 to 300 Decoys (Depending on the width of the river)...Also tried different U,C,J... Giving enough landing space.... bla bla bla... 25 years.... but divers have stopped responding....

I don't have clear pics of spread.... However, below are few pics to give you guys idea for suggestions. I personally think divers prefers deep water, could be 1 of the reasons but this also doesn't mean that are not attracted to the spread AT ALL.
    Attachment 51194
    Attachment 51195
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Set up where the divers want to be..
    Scouting is first, hunting is secondary.
    Get lower
    Are you in wpp?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Attention you newer nappy guys, don't bother this guy. I like pictures and hunting stuff from afar. These kinds are keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    And throw out some corn.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-19-2019 at 08:06 AM.

are they moving from salt to fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Attention you newer nappy guys, don't bother this guy. I like pictures and hunting stuff from afar. These kinds are keepers.
    He’s definitely demonstrated his bona fides. He’s also piqued my interest as to what super secret camo pattern his companions wear.

I don’t have anything for you on the ringnecks. Around here, you almost have to beat them with a stick to get them to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Scouting is first, hunting is secondary.
    Get lower
    Are you in wpp?
    WPP? Didn't get that.

I'm right middle of the migration.... Dynamics are bit different here..... Duck doesn't stay here....it travels up south at least 1000 miles and then return in 8 weeks....So hunting conditions vary from pit blinds to high raised blinds.... behavior is quite different too...from decoying to crossing and high/distanced shooting..... I also have created ponds for baiting but Does Not prefer hunting there as its more of killing then sport...

As for the divers.... usually the water is fast flowing, I've experienced if i target divers in deep flowing water, rest of dabbling fowl doesn't decoy.
    I can show you thousands of pics but no divers....and they travel in large numbers here

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    are they moving from salt to fresh?
    No, fresh water only.

Attachment 51209

This is one side of the spread.... Hide is in the center.... Similar setup on the left side.

Attachment 51210
    Attachment 51211
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:32 AM.

check out the other sCDucks forum. (the forum for South China sportsmen)

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Looks like you are doing fine to me. Personally I wouldn't worry with a diver if I were killing puddle ducks like those pics.
    More Ducks, Less People

Cyrus - please stick around.

We’d love to hear and see more from you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

So where in se asia are you exactly from and have so many ducks?????

In my experience, divers don't like to fly over land when given the option. The point of the spit may be a better spot to shoot divers if you can set up there.

It looks like a great place to hunt. If I ever make it over, will look you up and shoot some birds.

Do you have access to a layout boat?

Quote Originally Posted by marlboroman View Post
    Dagum, cyberscouting done gone international.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I really Appreciate the feedback/help guys...

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Looks like you are doing fine to me. Personally I wouldn't worry with a diver if I were killing puddle ducks like those pics.
    Honestly, I'm not worried either but out of 5 flocks, 3 are divers and when they pass by very close and doesn't even bother showing any interest, it bugs me.....i'm 42 years old, hunting since 13.... I'm considered as an authority in waterfowling here but divers, they are insulting lol..... Look at my first post and response i got lol....

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Cyrus - please stick around.

We’d love to hear and see more from you.
    I'd love to stick around... i found this forum after googling for 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by marlboroman View Post
    I'll tell you but then I've to kill ya lol...JK..... I hope the forum supports personal messages....
    Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    In my experience, divers don't like to fly over land when given the option. The point of the spit may be a better spot to shoot divers if you can set up there.

It looks like a great place to hunt. If I ever make it over, will look you up and shoot some birds.

Do you have access to a layout boat?
    I'd love to Host you....Just come over, accommodation everything else would be free but you have to buy your own cartridges and contribute in meals which are quite cheap here if converted to $.
    peak season is Aug to Oct - Feb & march.... Sky is the limit or your ethics will be questioned... I've experienced a 1734 1 day bag with 8 guns.... I know i should be thrashed due to massacre but was young and an A**hole.....have limited it to 20 birds per gun now.

Attachment 51244

I have 3 boats.... But don't have layout boat.....Well, i do have a single person small boat can be used as a layout boat.... But when we go up south, marsh hunting..... each shooter in a small pirogue..... a thick rope about 300 meters, across the marsh.... about 20 people start walking with the rope and shooters are inside the marsh, the duck rises like a pheasant.... Its a mallard heaven.... Unique experience...

We have garganey, teals, pintail, gadwal, redhead, hardhead, spoonbills, mallards, vision, shelduck...... Most interesting aspect of migration here is you get to experience each specie differently......The habitat required, feeding & migration pattern... To summarize, if you want hunt teal, then teal it is then.
    Attachment 51245

Having said above, I'm not here to broadcast or market...... I seriously am confused as to whatever strategy i adopt, This is 3rd F***ing season, divers ignore me as if i don't exist...This is the Only diver i shot in 3 years.
    Attachment 51246
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 02-13-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Mongolia?

Forget Canada looks like I need to go to SE Asia.

The Mongolian devil eyed diver and his buddies are way smarter than the rest of the S E Asian waterfowl. That there is a solid pro tip. Carry on.