Thread: Directional mud tire

Default Directional mud tire

I understand the tires have to always stay on same side of truck when rotated but what are the disadvantages of a directional tire.

I have read plenty of reviews on them and only couple said anything negative so now it is time for the professionals on scducks to give there opinion

They dont pull for shit in reverse!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

If'n there worth a dang you should never need reverse.

But when you do, they need to pull!

Best idea ever is to run power cables to the rear of your truck and put the winch connector on them. Get a Warn winch that mounts in a receiver hitch bracket and if your ass gets stuck you can put the winch in your receiver hitch and pull your ass out backwards.

Oh and I’m not a fan of directional tires

Also even though I don’t do this you’re suppose to rotate the tires in a rearward cross. So move the rears to the front on the same side and take the fronts and cross them to the rear (drivers front to pass rear).
    More fuel = more boost!!

I ran directional when I was into serious muddin- they were extremely noisy on pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Best idea ever is to run power cables to the rear of your truck and put the winch connector on them. Get a Warn winch that mounts in a receiver hitch bracket and if your ass gets stuck you can put the winch in your receiver hitch and pull your ass out backwards.

Oh and I’m not a fan of directional tires

Also even though I don’t do this you’re suppose to rotate the tires in a rearward cross. So move the rears to the front on the same side and take the fronts and cross them to the rear (drivers front to pass rear).
    And add a front receiver hitch.

Oh snap, brought back some memories of the old Ground Hawgs!!