Thread: Youngins Day

Default Youngins Day

Post ‘em up. Lets see some dead ducks and big smiles!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Leaned something new this morning while taking to a warden at the ramp on my way home from work. I had no idea that the kids have to have a fully licensed adult with them over the age of 21 to participate. Funny law since a 16 year old can hunt by themselves during regular season.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Leaned something new this morning while taking to a warden at the ramp on my way home from work. I had no idea that the kids have to have a fully licensed adult with them over the age of 21 to participate. Funny law since a 16 year old can hunt by themselves during regular season.
    And, only kids 16-17 have to have permits and stamps.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Yep , overly complicated these days , certainly not conducive towards hunter recruitment and most definitely needs to be simplified. I hope that only a warning was issued RK if there was someone not in full compliance.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Guessing they don’t want 16-17 yo taking 10-12-14 year old hunting. I get that
    80-20 Genaration

It honestly should be cut off at 15.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Guessing they don’t want 16-17 yo taking 10-12-14 year old hunting. I get that
    Very much get that. And it’s been that way for a long time.

I understand that side of it but if 16 & 17 year olds are allowed to participate in the youth days then they shouldn’t be required to have a licensed adult with them since it’s not required during the regular season. I agree with Bogster, if that’s a concern then just make youth season available for 15 year olds and younger. SC doesn’t sell a youth license for 16-17 year olds so if they have to buy an adult license then they obviously aren’t considered youths by the state!

Luckily in this case no ticket was written. The boys had a great time and ended with a mixed bag of gadwall, redheads, ringnecks, canvasbacks, ruddy ducks, and mallards.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Junior sportsmen license is a youth license.

My understanding is that the Junior Sportsman License is just a discounted package price. There are other states that require Jr’s to purchase a special license under which they are required to have a licensed adult with them anytime they are hunting. Some states even go so far as to make the Jr and the accompanying adult share a single bag limit until they reach an age at which they can purchase an adult license.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Yep , overly complicated these days , certainly not conducive towards hunter recruitment and most definitely needs to be simplified. I hope that only a warning was issued RK if there was someone not in full compliance.
    The government loves it’s revenue streams too much to remove laws that will cause a reduction of inflow.

Not sure there are a ton of unlicensed adults wanting to take a kid duck hunting.

Maybe squirrel hunting perhaps.

so....no pics?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Are we discussing women or duck hunting with kids?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE