Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Accident

Default Hunting Accident

https://www.live5news.com/2019/11/15...officials-say/

By Live 5 Web Staff | November 15, 2019 at 5:57 AM EST - Updated November 15 at 8:12 AM
    WESTMINSTER, S.C. (WCSC/WYFF) - An Upstate hunter was shot Thursday after he was mistaken for a deer by one of his hunting buddies, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.

Capt. Robert McCullough said the incident was reported just before 8 a.m. at Rochester Road and West Oak Highway in Westminster, Oconee County.

McCullough said it appeared that a group of men were hunting together when one man got out of his stand. He was mistaken for a deer by another member of the group and was shot, McCullough said. The two men know each other, McCullough said.

The man was shot with buckshot through the upper body, and was taken to a hospital.

McCullough believes the hunting group is from Liberty.

The Oconee County Sheriff's Office said DNR is leading the investigation.

Copyright 2019 WCSC/WYFF. All rights reserved.

Liberty and Methminster. All you need to know there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

the old "i thought he was a deer" defense. If i had a nickle for every time i've use that one......
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Bull shit. How do you mistake a human as a deer. It's impossible. I don't even think in my drunkest of times as a drunk could ever mistaken a human for a deer.
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-15-2019 at 03:37 PM.

How does something like that even happen? You're shooting at something you "think" is a deer without regards to size or sex?

"Capt. Robert McCullough said the incident was reported just before 8 a.m. at Rochester Road and West Oak Highway in Westminster, Oconee County."

It was in the morning, so I'm guessing there was plenty of light, and I doubt alcohol played a role. I just don't get it.

If it moved, it gets shot..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Still hunting with buckshot?

Faulty camo choice?

camo.png
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    the old "i thought he was a deer" defense. If i had a nickle for every time i've use that one......
    How many people have you shot?

I bet the guy that got shot, was "shooting" at the other guys wife if ya know what I mean
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I am too busy trying to count how many points are on their head to make that mistake.
    Knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    What’s wrong with that?

Life’s harder when you’re stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Liberty and Methminster. All you need to know there.
    Says somebody from Piedmont ? Lol

Piedmont. Fo real?

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Yup, great choice under certain conditions

If brown and down is your objective the mistake is more likely.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Bull shit. How do you mistake a human as a deer. It's impossible. I don't even think in my drunkest of times as a drunk could ever mistaken a human for a deer.
    Certainly you have seen objects in the woods that looked like a deer or turkey.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs...idents-happen/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine was shot by one of his friends deer hunting.. He dropped on all fours to look at some tracks. The guy pulled the trigger on him, hit him in the arm, shattered it with a 12 gauge slug. We were in our teens. I was raised by my father being involved almost fully in the outdoors and with his crowd, a couple youths in it. It was what we did. I was always weary of hunting with guys who hunted just for kicks. I still am, it's uncomfortable walking into a dove field during the first couple of shoots when all of the amateurs are out.. guest deer hunters..

I still see that piece of shit that shot him from time to time. My old buddy probably doesn't think about it. I do though. No matter that's he is probably still in a methadone clinic, to me first, he's always a guy who shot someone deer hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    If brown and down is your objective the mistake is more likely.
    Yep. With the thousands of hunt clubs we insure across the country that covers millions of acres..... this happens more than you would think.

10/12 years ago a father shot and killed his 13yo son thinking he was a hog. The kid was sitting at the base of a tree reading a book waiting to be picked up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!