Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapin processor rumor

Default Chapin processor rumor

I just heard that the processor on Wheland road apparently had some type of refrigeration problems And had to dispose of over 100 deer. Anyone else heard that?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Good thing you don't kill any deer, to have to take to a processor..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Yeah- I got a call yesterday.

I was told the “cooler” was “contaminated” and they didn’t want to take any chances of getting anyone sick.

Man, what a waste. Somebody gotta dig a deep hole
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I picked up one Monday and have another one still there. Haven't heard anything

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    Yeah- I got a call yesterday.

I was told the “cooler” was “contaminated” and they didn’t want to take any chances of getting anyone sick.
    No Hilltop?

Hilltop is on Hwy 391
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Hate when I heard this. Lot of rumors circling around about tripped breakers etc but let me just say this couldn't have happened to a colder cooler full of deer

Dang that sucks. Another processor in the area that does great work is Lake Murray Deer Processing. Family own business. Its located at 1912 Macedonia Church Road in Prosperity.

For you facebook users here is the link https://www.facebook.com/lakemurray.deerprocessing
    Last edited by SCDEERE; 11-15-2019 at 01:44 PM.

It would have to be really warm for them to be forced to dump all the deer. I know it must have about killed them to make that call but you can never risk people's health.
    I wonder what they are doing about deposits paid etc for the deer that are trashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard Exterminator View Post
    No Hilltop?
    I was going for convenience being that I was pressed for time.

They let the shit sit there and spoil. Check their Facebook... I had a deer there too, they ran me around with bs everyone I called. Different people running it this year.

Which processor is this?

Wow what a nightmare. If it takes all night you still have to run the deer.

It takes a lot of lazy to let meat rot in a cooler. I would be scared to eat a damn thing that came out of their.

For the sake of a quick guesstimate........100 deer x 35lbs of meat per deer....that's a lot of meat simply wasted.

Cooler / Freezer alarms aren't expensive and I bet there's even an app available on your phone for monitoring your walk in cooler.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I may be wrong but from what I have read it was not from a cooler failure. They got busy and let it sit to long.

I can venture a guess to how this happened because I used to have nightmares about it.

It's the rut. Get a bunch of deer in. Everything is taking longer because it's the busy time. Deer hang a little long. Can't grind them fast enough. Breakers break down every thing they can into tubs to make room for hanging deer. Once they're in tubs the shot clock is running because air can't circulate down in the bottom. Bunch more deer get dropped on them. Cooler is packed so air isn't moving good and door is opening all day. Tick tock on the deer in tubs. Bacteria starts forming in the bottom of tubs and boom it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    For the sake of a quick guesstimate........100 deer x 35lbs of meat per deer....that's a lot of meat simply wasted.

Cooler / Freezer alarms aren't expensive and I bet there's even an app available on your phone for monitoring your walk in cooler.

A lot? Yeah that's 350,000 pounds of meat. I hope the buzzards know some buzzard friends