Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for new tires for tahoe

70,000 miles on Toyo At's F150 and still have some tread life. Toyo's are NOT shit thats for sure.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    So I’m assuming you have a 3/4 ton Ram. Are the Toyo’s just shit on your truck? I’m not sure any 3/4 ton truck will get more than 50/60 K out of any mud tire. Look into some of the 12 plys Toyo has been introducing, the 12 ply will hold up longer on a 3/4 ton solid axle front end platform. I know you said it’s “straight”. Any shop can set the toe and make it track straight all day. “Set the toe and let it go”. But if by chance your fronts wear differently than the rear, their may be an underlying issue.

The vehicle in question is a Tahoe. He will ll get 65 K easy out of set of AT’s and far as that goes 10 ply MT’s I’d imagine.

And for arguments sake buy a set of fucking Michelin’s if you want the best.
    Everyone raves about Toyos but I don't see the juice except for they "look cool". They wear even but they wear fast and ride like dogshit even aired down to 50psi. The MTs lasted longer than these RTs will. They have 15k mi on them and I would say they are half done. 35x12.5x17 LR - E 10PR. I will be on to something else next, probably back to Cooper's since I got good life out of them and they rode well even at 70psi. And yes it is on a 3/4 ton Ram with a 300lb bumper hanging on the front, obviously not the most tire friendly truck on the road.

Just my opinion, which is worth exactly what everyone paid for it.

I like Michelins and if this truck was exclusively on the highway that's what it would wear but this heavy bastard needs all the help it can get.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Everyone raves about Toyos but I don't see the juice except for they "look cool". They wear even but they wear fast and ride like dogshit even aired down to 50psi. The MTs lasted longer than these RTs will. They have 15k mi on them and I would say they are half done. 35x12.5x17 LR - E 10PR. I will be on to something else next, probably back to Cooper's since I got good life out of them and they rode well even at 70psi. And yes it is on a 3/4 ton Ram with a 300lb bumper hanging on the front, obviously not the most tire friendly truck on the road.

I like Michelins and if this truck was exclusively on the highway that's what it would wear but this heavy bastard needs all the help it can get.
    Damn I’m shocked the RT’s didn’t last longer than the MT’s

Keep us posted on the Coopers, especially if they give you 65k miles of service. I do have people that complain about the mileage on MT’s.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post

Aired down to 50psi??? Maybe I am ignorant but shit that would be airing up to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell I have 51k on my bfgs and they’re just getting started!

Toyo makes a good tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Aired down to 50psi??? Maybe I am ignorant but shit that would be airing up to me

The 3/4 tons esp Rams call for 80 psi. I suppose they figure you’re always pulling a load.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Damn I’m shocked the RT’s didn’t last longer than the MT’s

Keep us posted on the Coopers, especially if they give you 65k miles of service. I do have people that complain about the mileage on MT’s.
    I’ve heard good things about the new Cooper at3 XLT tires. They’re designed for the heavier, bigger trucks. We’ve installed a few sets and they have worn well so far. 60k treadwear warranty even on the big LTs

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    I’ve heard good things about the new Cooper at3 XLT tires. They’re designed for the heavier, bigger trucks. We’ve installed a few sets and they have worn well so far. 60k treadwear warranty even on the big LTs
    Well that says a lot if they are giving a mileage warranty. I’ve seen several AT’s get 65k just never a MT.

I need to get with the program on these Coopers.
    More fuel = more boost!!

20k miles on a set of Toyo AT on my work F150, I’d say they at least have another 30-40k in them. Which sucks because I’m waiting on them to wear out to go a size bigger

I visit a lot of nasty job sites and the tires pull great, very rarely need to put it in 4wd
    Last edited by cusportsman; 11-16-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

My Ridge Grapplers have 30k on them in my F150 and are about half worn.

Got 45k out of a set of Toyo MTs

My 2500 Duramax eats tires. I struggle to get 40k out of any tire with it......Toyo AT, Firestone MT, General Grabber AT, Hankook MT.......they all tasted good to it. May have something to do with trailer it pulls 90% of the time though.....

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Got a new tahoe instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Got a new tahoe instead....

That solves the tire issue... congrats
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    I am on my second set of those on my HD...have been extremely impressed. First set went north of 60k miles with a lot of big trailer time....12-13k pound tractors and 16-17k worth of boat. Current set is holding up equally as well. Prior to that I ran Nittos and I like the way the Cooper's run now. Sidewall feels stronger when towing the boat and the ride is better empty when aired down as well

Default Time for new tires for tahoe

That solves the tire issue... congrats
    It delayed the issue. New to me, 2017, 28k miles. Seems like a brand new off the lot vehicle.
    Now in 20k miles or so I will be looking for tires again! This time likely more expensive as this truck has 22” rims.... If you hadve asked me in high school if I would ever own 22” rims I would’ve been able to confidently tell you no. Now they come with them factory and it will cost me when the tire search begins I am sure.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 11-27-2019 at 02:53 PM.

You got one dem escalades. Twenty Two's rock. Get your wallet out for real.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You got one dem escalades. Twenty Two's rock. Get your wallet out for real.
    Not too surprised but already seeing this very much limits my tire selection.