Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington sucks but they don’t deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    My understanding is the the ruling has nothing to do with the merits of the case. The court basically said gun makers are not absolutely immune when their products are involved in crimes. I’m not sure why any company would have absolute immunity from liability. Let a jury decide based upon the facts and the law. Remington still likely wins the trial.
    Not if it’s held in some liberal ass leftie anti gun state or area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanhardwick View Post
    Yup it was soooo different. Her grandson was driving and she spilt her own coffee in her lap while he was stopped. I mean damn this isn’t a law blog, the statement was close enough.

Gotcha. Not a law blog so feel free to make up shit and present it as fact as long as it helps your argument as long as it's close enough.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Agreed. And she didn’t get that much money. That’s what the jury awarded. Judge reduced to 600k and she settled for less. Not to mention the backstory.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Dang y'all are some green mofos. Y'all are recycling threads now.

At the risk of being redundant I'll repost what I posted at the other thread...

Gun companies are already protected by federal law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This lawsuit is about advertising.

The Supreme Court simply said Cert. denied which means the case is not ready to be heard at the SCOTUS level...YET. The facts of the case aren't even in the record...yet. They just said "we are not taking the case at this point." That is all.

From the article:

The Connecticut Supreme Court had earlier ruled 4-3 that the lawsuit could proceed for now, citing an exemption in the federal law. The decision overturned a ruling by a trial court judge who dismissed the lawsuit based on the 2005 federal law, named the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
    The Supreme Court declined to review the case but is confident Remington will win in the trial court.
    The majority of justices in the state Supreme Court ruling, however, said it may be a "Herculean task" for the families to prove their case at trial.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My wife is fixing to sue Budweiser & Jim Bean for making me act the fool...
    After six drinks I was not responsible for my actions...
    They was wrong to sell me a whole case of beer AND a half gallon of likker.
    There was no warning label or prescribed amount I should drink and boy I was plumb snuckered and was caught unawares.
    They shouldn’t of sold me that much - hell I was planning on drinking it all in one sitting & nobody told me not to not even the cashier and I told her my intentions - she said sounds like you’re having a party.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 11-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.