Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scotus allows suit against Remington to move forward @ Sandyhook **INSANITY**

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Ok I just now fully read the article. The title is bullsh!t! Gun companies are already protected by federal law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This lawsuit is about advertising.

The Supreme Court simply said Cert. denied which means the case is not ready to be heard at the SCOTUS level...YET. The facts of the case aren't even in the record...yet. They just said "we are not taking the case at this point." That is all.

From the article:

The Connecticut Supreme Court had earlier ruled 4-3 that the lawsuit could proceed for now, citing an exemption in the federal law. The decision overturned a ruling by a trial court judge who dismissed the lawsuit based on the 2005 federal law, named the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
    The Supreme Court declined to review the case but is confident Remington will win in the trial court.
    The majority of justices in the state Supreme Court ruling, however, said it may be a "Herculean task" for the families to prove their case at trial.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 11-13-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."