Thread: Turkey and Waffles

Default Turkey and Waffles

So my wife threw a turkey breast into the crock pot on Saturday evening after the Gamecocks took a thrashing from a school from Boone, NC.

When I got up early Sunday morning I was inspired to do a play on Chicken-and-Waffles. I made the waffles without sugar so they really ended up more like a bread so it came out more like an open faced sandwich...

I had never made waffles with anything other than box waffle mix but they came out really good...my wife ate one plain for breakfast...from memory...

1 cup enriched flour, 1 teaspoon backing powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1/8 cup of real bacon bits, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder mixed to the right consistency with about 50% milk and 50% water (doesn't take much) then cooked in a waffle iron.

I made the mashed potatoes as usual and made the gravy with the juice from the crock pot adding some salt, black pepper and a couple of chopped boiled eggs minus most of the yolk.

Don't try this at home if you are on a low-carb diet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Wow. Nicely done!
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.