Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clemson shotgun fundraiser

no way!
    i hope it was a nice event. I'm sure I was missed....
    Connor said it was a looooooong day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

As flush as the athletic dept is, how come y'all having to sell candy bars and host bake sales to raise money?
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-25-2019 at 08:49 AM.

i know nothing but shells are expensive.

The school furnishes little to nothing for the team, mostly a Name, parents, people thru donations pay for the team. They sell t shirts, raffles, and donations at the Greenville gun show for funds. The Bass fishing team is the same way, basically the clubs are self sufficient.

they have a fairly substantial budget from the U. but it was cut this year.

It was a nice event with good attendance. The round of 100 targets took about 3 1/2 hours to complete. To say it was a slow go is an understatement.

Everyone could buy 4 mulligans for $20. I ended up using 1 mulligan and finished with a 100. There were 4 other 100's shot. So off to the 5 stand for a shootoff. It came down to me and Jeff Montjoy after the 1st set of 5 pairs. so we went to the long bird to sort it out. We both shot 3 pairs and I was fortunate to come out high gun.

The SC Duckers shot 287/300 and took 2nd as a team.

They gave away a lot of raffle items and had some nice items in the silent auction. Feets got himself a really nice Beretta jacket after a short negotiation.

It was a good time. I know toofer doesn't hear it very often. Thanks for sponsoring us for the event.
    Last edited by Gander; 11-25-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Feets got himself a really nice Beretta jacket after a short negotiation.
    Sure did, but you forgot to mention that it was stolen shortly thereafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I saw that clever maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i know nothing but shells are expensive.
    Tell 'em to charge $5 more per football parking spot and problem solved.

Teen shoots self after she drops gun in shooting accident at Clemson University range, official says
    18-year-old woman remains hospitalized after Sunday accident

WYFF 4Updated: 1:19 AM EST Nov 26, 2019
    PENDLETON, S.C. —
    A teenager remains hospitalized Monday, a day after a shooting accident near Clemson University, according to a university representative.

Vice President for University Relations Mark Land said the accident was reported to university police at about 9 a.m. Sunday at the Pickens Bend shooting range, on Pickens Bend Range Drive off State Road, near Fants Grove Church.

The incident happened while a shooting club from Anderson was renting the facility, Land said.

An 18-year-old female was shot in the foot and taken to a local hospital, Land said. The teen's name and the hospital was not released.

Clemson University police investigated the incident and have determined the shooting was accidental, Land said.

The teen accidentally dropped the shotgun she was shooting as during the club’s activities, according to Land.

When the shotgun hit the ground, it discharged and struck the teen in the foot, Land said.

The club’s coaches and others were there at the time of the accident, according to Land.

The range is operated by the university’s department of parks, recreation and tourism management but also is used by the public, Land said.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/teen-s...-says/29963057

That incident was discussed Sunday during the event. Lots of prayers went out to this young lady.

The coach said she was in surgery and would likely lose a couple of toes.

I'm still trying to figure out how this occurred. If you are standing with the gun at the ready, its pointed away. He said after it happened she didn't know her foot had been struck. It was only after walking off the field did she notice the damage to her foot. Of course that's when folks stepped in and started first aid.

I do hope she recovers from this and continues to shoot.

This could have been much worse.

From what I read she was not a Clemson student, she was an Anderson HS shooter, none the less a terrible accident.