Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious (Hypothetical) Question...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Your point?
    Clemson opened with aTm. That being said, I would argue that aTm is the most difficult team on Clemson's schedule.

Without a doubt, the best 3 loss team in the nation. Losses to two of the current top five, a top 10, still with LSU and Georgia remaining on their schedule....they will be a team one win above .500, ranked out of the top 25, but yet possibly one of the top 15 teams in the country.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How would you know? Serious question.
    I don't just my eye test. Unlike some in here I'm trying not to let my team affiliation affect my judgement. I care less about conference and me hating Clemson doesn't negate the fact that they are a really good football team with elite talent at the skill positions on offense. Be it talent or scheme or coordinator their defense is better than anticipated this year. Maybe it's the fact I haven't seen them play one decent offensive football team yet and so their defense looks better than it is.. I hope I'm wrong and once Clemson plays a good offensive team maybe their defense will get exposed a little but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by BCR3; 11-11-2019 at 09:08 AM.

All I know is that we would beat App State.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Not 1 game. 3 game stretch. Whatcha got? Yes Clemson is a very good team, but even good teams slip. When you play tougher competition, some of thse teams might be able to make a 25 yarder to seal it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    That about sums it up!

I know right
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Nope, looking at common opponents says you would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Not 1 game. 3 game stretch. Whatcha got? Yes Clemson is a very good team, but even good teams slip. When you play tougher competition, some of thse teams might be able to make a 25 yarder to seal it.
    I just dont get why I have to answer for clemson's schedule. No one has any freaking clue. If any of you armchair QBs knew much about football or watched the first quarter of clemson vs any of the lessor opponents, you would realize the final score should be 123-10. How other people dont see this is amazing to me. The defense is a big factor in clemson's success right now.

I dont care what three game stretch. I care about wake forest. y'all sure do make this difficult. we will see what clemson has if/when they make the playoffs.

I just dont get why I have to answer for clemson's schedule. No one has any freaking clue. If any of you armchair QBs knew much about football or watched the first quarter of clemson vs any of the lessor opponents, you would realize the final score should be 123-10. How other people dont see this is amazing to me. The defense is a big factor in clemson's success right now.

I dont care what three game stretch. I care about wake forest. y'all sure do make this difficult. we will see what clemson has if/when they make the playoffs.

I still haven't heard the answer to the question about LSU's schedule. Play who you play.... Thing is, even in the bullshit SEC you are going to be playing in front of big crowds on the road. It ain't freakin' Boston, RTP, or the Joke by Coke.

Buckshot, Fla and Auburn were ranked in the top 10. There is that. Wake gets blasted by VT???

Georgia's will be Florida#11 (were #6), Missouri, Auburn( was top 10, Currently #13). 2 ranked teams. I understand we all have different ideas of what good teams are, but they are ranked.
    Wake should never be ranked, yet another team that can't figure out if they want to be mediocre or terrible.

UF and AU are extremely similar teams. Overrated for what they are, but ranked no less. There is an extraordinary talent gap between those two teams and UGA in my opinion. UGA handled UF (would have liked to see by a larger margin), and I expect no less this weekend against AU. If UGA can pass block to some degree, I would expect this game be over by halftime.

I don't really have a dog in the fight. Sure I graduated from CU, but I am not arguing any of the criticisms regarding the toughness of the schedule. If anything, I am more or less saying that talent levels of CU, UGA, LSU, OSU, & Alabama (though this year it seems they aren't as deep at positions in years past) have surpassed their competition by such margins, that if you don't play each other, it's difficult to say that any of them have a tough 3 game schedule. That's why I think you see some "accidents" along the way. These guys get bored practicing for the same BS teams. I believe that. I would put good money down that any of these teams focus and practice twice as hard if they were each other vs playing a team with less talent on tape. Rivalry games are the exception, of course.

I expect Mahlzon will be job hunting with Morris come Sunday, good luck to your boys. I'd love to see UGA run the table the rest of the way. Talking heads would explode.
    Last edited by Buckshot14; 11-11-2019 at 09:25 AM.

I love college football. It makes otherwise intelligent people say some really dumb shit, especially when fueled by emotion and general butthurt.....

PS - In case you forgot, Clemson has won 3 National Championships since Georgia last won one.......

Florida and Auburn are not top 10. They were only ranked there bc it fit the narrative of SEC and everyone else.

Wake got caught looking ahead and Vzt is playing decent football right now.

Clemson could slip up in one of LSU’s games but anyone can. There is a little bit of luck in going undefeated no matter the conference you play. But, I think Clemson’s staff and talent rise up when needed. Past few years prove it.

glad I could entertain you.
    Do you get out much?

Hook 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Nope, looking at common opponents says you would lose.

i'll save this for after the coot game.

Hook 'em
    Texas is not back #hornsdown

How would you know? Serious question.
    How would anyone know anything. It’s all conjecture based on your rooting interests for the most part. One of the SEC powers will have a Chance again this year to beat Clemson more than likely. SEC dickriders are gonna chafe LSU either way. That’s all you have. As far as UofSC fans talking about tough schedules, just hush. You lost to an ACC team, a Sunbelt team, by 20 to a shitty Missouri team, and by 22 to the clown show in Knoxville. Schedule is irrelevant if you can’t beat bad teams. You’re an embarrassment to SEC football.

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    How would anyone know anything. It’s all conjecture based on your rooting interests for the most part. One of the SEC powers will have a Chance again this year to beat Clemson more than likely. SEC dickriders are gonna chafe LSU either way. That’s all you have. As far as UofSC fans talking about tough schedules, just hush. You lost to an ACC team, a Sunbelt team, by 20 to a shitty Missouri team, and by 22 to the clown show in Knoxville. Schedule is irrelevant if you can’t beat bad teams. You’re an embarrassment to SEC football.
    I think this discussion should be over now. That just about says it all.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Would Clemp be undefeated with SC's schedule this year? I think not. What say you?
    Wouldn’t have to be. They would get a gimmie.