Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Ruger 1 Chopped and Suppressed

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Certainly not for looks, agreed there. But I would say "blogging" about it is an attempt to impress others.
    Read his blog. You may be surprised. It's not like thousands of people read it, he only has 9 likes and 6 comments.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Simply saying I don’t like the looks of something isn’t the same as being a hater.

There are certain aspects of the gun I like, such as the adjustable comb on the stock. Now that I’ve seen it I’d like to look into that for my Henry .308
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 11-11-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Yes steelin. Wayyy more than any other forum I’ve been on. Thinking it’s cool to be negative to strangers on the internet baffles me
    Welcome to what SCDucks has become. It ain't always been this way. I blame it on public schooling and social media. It's Reddit Part Deux.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I skimmed it and its on my list of stuff to read. Ive chopped a surplus rifle or two that would draw just as much negative from purists. On the flip side I have a pure unadultered model of each.

As far as the negativity, Ive browsed a few forums local to the area that are HEAVILY moderated for any negative content. Its really f*****g boring.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I think you missed the point. You can have an opinion on whether you like it or not. But you can't compare that Camaro to the Ruger No. 1.

The guy with that Camaro is spending money he probably doesn't have to impress people he doesn't know. In 5 years the Camaro will be worth very little, especially compared to what he has in it. Yet even in 80 years the gun will be worth many times what he spent on the build. By that time the Camaro will have come back recycled many times as Teslas or Budweiser cans. You and I may not like the car but it's his, so what we like doesn't really matter.

The guy with the gun built it for himself, not to impress other people and not for looks. His kids and grandkids (or someones) will eventually end up with the gun. Had your father or grandfather built it you would be ready to fight someone who talked trash about it.
    There you go making logic out of humor 😁👍. All in fun my brother.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    There you go making logic out of humor ����. All in fun my brother.
    Gotcha! Humor is rare in comments here anymore. Blindsided me.

There might be a lot of negativity on here at times, but when it comes time to step up and help out one of our own in a time of need I bet we put those other forums to shame.

Agree on Duck Cutters statement

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by prcn View Post
    Damn! I thought it looked awesome.
    As did I and I’m not even a fan of suppressors on hunting rigs
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-11-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Shooting a rifle with a silencer makes for a much better experience. Period
    Exactly. Right now, only one of my centerfire rifles isn't set up for a can. With a couple of exceptions, I won't go back.

The build is interesting. CPR over near Jackson did a workup on my brother's Ruger #1 chambered in 270. Worked on the hanger, some other stuff. It shoots well under MOA with good factory ammo. The absolute BEST thing he had done was the trigger job this past year by E. A. Brown. Took a terrible trigger and made it damn nice.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Exactly. Right now, only one of my centerfire rifles isn't set up for a can. With a couple of exceptions, I won't go back.

The build is interesting. CPR over near Jackson did a workup on my brother's Ruger #1 chambered in 270. Worked on the hanger, some other stuff. It shoots well under MOA with good factory ammo. The absolute BEST thing he had done was the trigger job this past year by E. A. Brown. Took a terrible trigger and made it damn nice.
    I need to send mine to Brown, been lazy about it. I hardly ever hunt with it because the trigger is just bad.

The build itself doesn't really do much for me but the stock is nice, rarely see that nice of a piece of wood on a Ruger of any flavor.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The Ruger #1 is one of, if not THE the best looking rifles ever made. Just wish you didn't have to work so hard to make them shoot. John could work wonders on them though.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    The Ruger #1 is one of, if not THE the best looking rifles ever made. Just wish you didn't have to work so hard to make them shoot. John could work wonders on them though.
    I never knew him personally, but I recall reading that knife maker George Herron could do a pretty good tune-up on a No. 1.

I'm going deaf and very much an advocate of suppressors. I also love the clean, lean look of Ruger number one. I'm not sure a 6.5 Creedmore is the best choice for the rig. Most ammo for a Creedmore is designed for a long range applications and expecting to have 20-24 inches of barrel to burn. Wouldn't this short barrel have a mushroom cloud muzzle blast with almost any factory ammo? Short barrels don't like or thrive with roomy, spacious cartridges. Aren't there better cartridge choices for short barrels? I might be more impressed with this same gun in 300 BLK, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, or maybe some pistol cartridge.

I was an early adopter of the Thompson Center Contender. I learned soon that just because you can build a short gun that shoots "rifle" cartridges, the cartridge design might not be an ideal choice for short barrel. Rifle cartridges are designed for longer barrels and the case capacity of rifle cartridges can make it impractical to use faster burning powders. Using dense, fast burning powders in a large volume cases can be dangerous and can have erratic velocities. Short barrels like smaller cases.

In the blog the guy said it would be 100 - 300 yds and if he was expecting to shoot farther he had other rifles to do that.

I want a No.1 in .25 Bob. Thought I had one but the guy had beat the hell out of it and had rust and pitting. I laughed when he said he wanted $950 for it. Hadn’t really thought about one again until this thread. Damn you Ray.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I want a No.1 in .25 Bob. Thought I had one but the guy had beat the hell out of it and had rust and pitting. I laughed when he said he wanted $950 for it. Hadn’t really thought about one again until this thread. Damn you Ray.
    Go for it. It ain't nothing but money.

Still waiting on Skrimple to sell me his...

Be thankful he hasn’t shot you with it. Yet.