Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.8 billion

Ha. Me too. I would think PL would have a better understanding of this and will prove me wrong...

Recycling actually made the top 5 in a couple lists I saw. Not that we are better off for taking the trash off other states and calling it recycling...

Horry has one of the baddest ass MRF's (Material Recycling Facility) in the state...thats where we haul it to be separated. It's been a very educational year down here learning about how stuff gets done and why. Recycling ain't dead. I am no longer working in the recycling industry, but it has been interesting.
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 11-11-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Let's do another thread on that next week. I am very interested to hear what you have learned...

go Cocks

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    It doesn’t make sense to me. They’ve been working on Cashua for what seems like 5 years and they still ain’t close.
    They repaved the current configuration on the southbound lane this week, then did not come back on Friday so obviously that was a milestone for some sort of draw they wanted. It is the damndest thing I have ever seen. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The gas tax is a done deal. It goes up 2cents per year. It all goes to road projects, widening or resurfacing.

Stay on topic. Where do you want it to do?
    It has had some hands in the till on the gas tax.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Before we recycle and repave the other lane on Cashua

Can we just fix 95 right hand lane south bound from Florence to Santee, and then when we are done there go put toll booths on 501, 17, and any other way some one can crawl in to dirty Myrtle with a out of state tag.'

In state drivers license blow on through.

Out of state tax them 20$ per way.

They will gladly pay it and keep going. Money goes to all parts of the state because they had to drive through it all to get there but there we can bottle neck them.

And yes, I'm in favor of picking on out of state folks.

I go to Florida and they have no issue with it. My issue is with Floridias non sense you need a gazzilion quarters. Make me pay one time and let me go.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Where in Florida do you have to pay $20 to use a road as an out of state visitor?

Use the money to buy more wma land, so we don't have to wait 4 years to get drawn.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Where in Florida do you have to pay $20 to use a road as an out of state visitor?
    You are constantly 1$..2$...1.50$ per toll. You can go from Orlando to Tallahassee and pay close to 20$.

My point was just charge a amount rather than doing the death by 1$ in quarters non sense. I can't stand having to slow down or what not. Just give me one bill and let me ride.

If your aren't familiar SC is now talking about 3 toll booths on 95.

But before they go do that, go put the tolls in the bottle necks to the beach, and if you have a valid SC drivers license you cruise on. If you have any other drivers license charge them coming and going. 20$ sounds like a nice number!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

An extra axel, a 4 wheeler trailer, 1 axel, cost like an additional 10.00 in Illinois.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    You are constantly 1$..2$...1.50$ per toll. You can go from Orlando to Tallahassee and pay close to 20$.

My point was just charge a amount rather than doing the death by 1$ in quarters non sense. I can't stand having to slow down or what not. Just give me one bill and let me ride.

If your aren't familiar SC is now talking about 3 toll booths on 95.

But before they go do that, go put the tolls in the bottle necks to the beach, and if you have a valid SC drivers license you cruise on. If you have any other drivers license charge them coming and going. 20$ sounds like a nice number!
    Surely you’re aware it’s a county based toll?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Ha. Me too. I would think PL would have a better understanding of this and will prove me wrong...
    For year we got propaganda mailed to us with tourism and agribusiness running neck and neck. Each side would snarl how the other side calculated.

Glad to have the growth in other industries.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Use the money to buy more wma land, so we don't have to wait 4 years to get drawn.

I suggested the state buy Ramsey Grove and got lynched.

Maybe we just cut the stumps out of Lake Marion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Every road project is dragging. SC did not have enough local road contractors to efficiently handle a huge influx of money.
    There must be plenty of contractors considering the amount of projects going on. I mean y’all ain’t done with pamplico highway but go ahead and start a project on old river road. The planning is terrible. Cashua ain’t finished but you start on Bentree lane and repave third loop at the same time. And if you’re using the same contractor for all of them it’s even more dumb.
    Last edited by Remy; 11-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Part of it has got to be laziness.

The other part has to be red tape.

Look at 95. How long did it take them to build a freaking road out of a swamp? They were not repaving they were making it from scratch. Bridges included.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Barton Road near Lake City..fix it or close it.

Road resurfacing comes from different pots of money. Roads are federal, state, county, city and some private.

Each county has a committee that decides priority. In Florence each county councilman has some discretion of a small amount.

The state has money that is distributed to counties.

State roads are prioritized by the seven commissioners.

I doubt these new dollars will go toward roads. The gas tax will gradually go towards the current roads and a couple large projects like I-85 and malfunction junction..

Florence County passed a one penny sales tax that provided 7 years of collection go towards specific projects. Pamplico Hwy, Cashua and Alligator are three of the projects and have taken a ridiculously long time. Some of the local dollars from the tax also received matching state infrastructure dollars. The Alligator project has just begun and we stopped collecting the tax about 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Before we recycle and repave the other lane on Cashua

Can we just fix 95 right hand lane south bound from Florence to Santee, and then when we are done there go put toll booths on 501, 17, and any other way some one can crawl in to dirty Myrtle with a out of state tag.'

In state drivers license blow on through.

Out of state tax them 20$ per way.

They will gladly pay it and keep going. Money goes to all parts of the state because they had to drive through it all to get there but there we can bottle neck them.

And yes, I'm in favor of picking on out of state folks.

I go to Florida and they have no issue with it. My issue is with Floridias non sense you need a gazzilion quarters. Make me pay one time and let me go.
    Not that I frequent Dirty Myrtle much but I am SC resident born and raised. My primary work vehicle has a NC tag, why should I have to pay $20?