Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low light scope

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56
    This right here

I really like my Vortex scopes. No complaints and can’t beat their warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56
    Which reticle do you have?

I'll second the trijicon...but mine is the accpower
    ..I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Which reticle do you have?
    I have the Amber BAC in my 5-20X50, the MOA Dot in a 4-16X50, and I forget the ones in two Accupowers. I like the BAC a lot but the MOA Dot is superior. Unfortunately Trijicon only offers certain reticles in each model of scope.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Do you prefer amber over green? If so why salty? Better visibility in low light?

I have the green mil dot in the 2.5-10x56 and green moa dot in the 4-16x50. I have no problem shooting an hour after sunset with either. I can see a good 10 minutes later with the trijicons over my vx3.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 11-09-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Do you prefer amber over green? If so why salty? Better visibility in low light?
    My eyes seem to pick up the Amber better but I have no issue with the green dot either. I just don’t seem to focus on that triangle with the Amber.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Leupold VX-III is a great scope, you can get a 3.5-10x50mm or 4.5-14x50mm for just under $500.
    This

I have the green mil dot in the 2.5-10x56 and green moa dot in the 4-16x50. I have no problem shooting an hour after sunset with either. I can see a good 10 minutes later with the trijicons over my vx3.
    I have the Accupoint 2x10x56 green dot- you are speaking the truth about this scope. You can shoot beyond legal. I was watching a deer at 6am this morning at 100 yards, would have been an easy shot.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 11-09-2019 at 07:54 PM.

I’ve heard the accupoints are the tits.

Any difference in the glass or low light capabilities of the accupoint vs the accupower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Any difference in the glass or low light capabilities of the accupoint vs the accupower?
    No, same glass. Accupower uses a battery powered rheostat, Accupoint uses tritium. I’ve been very impressed with the two Accupowers we have. That 3-9X40 on my son’s RAP is great in low light.

Accupower is supposed to be heavier, or so I’ve heard.

Get some good binoculars dude

I can see longer with my Accupoint than I can with my Leopold Binos.

May be sold n the accupoint. I’m mulling over the reticle choice. I don’t know if I could get used to the chevron, although I do like the idea. Probably go green mil dot. What are the pros and cons to each?

For light transmission in my eye, its Kahles Helia C with a dead tie with Zeis Diavari these both have a slight edge over Schmidt and Bender and Swarovski then would come Nightforce and Meopta right behind those in a tie. Trijicon taking a third to those mentioned.

I just tried a brand new 56mm Triji out against the entire lot of these above . Triji is great glass for sure but to my eye its behind those mentioned by a smidge of "clarity" in low light or at least the one I ran was as it colored everything a hue of blue.

On the other end of the spectrum as to coloring the Schmidt and Bender takes all color away leaving a crisp but black and white picture in low light.

Everyone's eye is different and even the best of optics have different filters which react differently to the individuals eye.
    Genesis 9;2

May be sold n the accupoint. I’m mulling over the reticle choice. I don’t know if I could get used to the chevron, although I do like the idea. Probably go green mil dot. What are the pros and cons to each?
    My accupoint had mil dots. I really liked it. Cannot remember what color it was tho. I have a ziess with the post style reticle. I thought it would be better hunting but I found I lost a little bit of accuracy on paper. I shot it a few years. I cannot remember ever buggering up a deer. I still have it but it is going back to be worked on and I am going to see if I can get it swapped out. I just do not like it.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Weaver Super Slam
    Weaver Grand Slam

Both are crazy clear and bright for the money