Thread: Deer Text Treads

Default Deer Text Treads

After embarrassing myself on Glen's "Rite of Passage" thread I got to thinking about keeping text threads as a way of capturing a hunt with someone else. Dad is 81 and doesn't text much (we do talk on the phone a good bit) but he sent me a text last Wednesday that inspired me to make the trip down to hunt on Friday afternoon and Saturday. On the Saturday evening hunt I dropped him and his climbing stand off at a "cut over" and drove his truck about a mile to hunt another part of the club. He had heard me shoot but I didn't want to interrupt his hunt so I sent him a text with a picture to let him know the deer was down and he could hunt 'til dark if he wanted. He's already filled three tags and really wasn't interested in another 20 minutes of deer hunting...I love the story that these texts tell...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That's a lot like my dad. Short, simple, and to the point with maybe a misspelled word due to his hard thick fingers that don't have much sensitivity to the touch along with the "I’m not wasting my time retyping this cause he knows what I mean,” mentality! I’ve never thought about keeping text ,even though I rarely delete any, so thanks for the idea and those are some good bucks! Hope you get many more opportunities like that!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

20191105_074515.jpg

20191105_074435.jpg

20191105_074352.jpg

A few of us do the same, typically good reading

That’s great. My dad will be 75 next month. He doesn’t text, in fact he has a flip phone that sits in a cup holder in his truck and may or may not be charged at any given time. I shot a decent buck this weekend and sent a picture of it with me in it to my mom to show him since he wasn’t with me. Her reply, “your dad wants you to send him a picture without you in it so he can tell his buddies he killed it”. That was it, no congrats, didn’t need the story.... I laughed!

We text more than we talk these days. Run so hard it's just easier to check-in quickly when you really don't have much news. I always enjoy trying to figure out his text. You can certainly tell when he doesn't put on his glasses. He's back to poaching McCormick these days. Climbing with his tomcat on government land. Freaks me out a little but that is what he wants to do. We had a good weekend. Killing deer at opposite ends of the state.

Screenshot_20191105-082509.jpg
    Screenshot_20191105-082531.jpg
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Only parents of teenagers will get this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

My wife has hunted like a maniac this year. She has never shot a deer and insists on shooting one with a bow. Here are some funny ones. E244467B-3FAB-4820-98DF-637633391785.jpgB689C94E-02C4-44E6-8017-A271D455C7BA.jpgF081EBB5-A3E5-4005-8F41-80A6935930C0.jpg

Jesus don't get me started. My dad doesn't just text, he writes a damn dissertation. He can't keep it simple. I gave up on listening to his voicemails. I just call him back and ask him what he said and tell him I couldn't hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Fro,
    That last one made me smile.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.