Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youth bow hunter questions

Thanks Tommy. I looked on CL today. Must have missed this one. I’ll contact him.

I just purchased a Bear Cruzer Lite RTH (ready to hunt) on camofire for $200. I just happen to go to camofire today just to look and there it was. Hard to pass up the savings. It seems to have good reviews and hope all my boys can use it at some point.

Comes with all this...

Bear Archery Cruzer Lite RTH Compound Bow (Kryptek Highlander)
    Trophy Ridge 4-Pin Sight
    Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit
    Trophy Ridge 5 Spot Quiver
    Trophy Ridge Dart Stabilizer with Wrist Sling
    Peep Sight
    Nock Loop

Should be a good starter bow.

Well I got my twins the Diamond Infinite Edge for their 10th birthday this week. They love it! Almost a little to much to be honest. Instead of going hunting this afternoon with me they wanted to stay home and shoot their bows.
    Last edited by whitty; 12-16-2019 at 08:49 PM.

good stuff

Good job fellas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only had 4 arrows go through the fence so far He loves it though...

Heck freaking yes!

Take some pictures of him at full draw. Looks like the draw length could use another inch or so.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Heck freaking yes!

Take some pictures of him at full draw. Looks like the draw length could use another inch or so.
    I thought so also. That was our first run. I’ll dial it in this afternoon hopefully.

Only 4 arrows through the fence? Love archery and started back in the 80s but you should stand up a couple pieces of 4x8 plywood behind that target. That’s dangerous as shit, especially for a beginner. Damn
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Hehehehe. Love it.

Lol

Only had one go all the way through the fence and hit the house behind it. I kid, I kid. Yes I realize what we were doing. It’s been remedied.

He got a lot better as the day went on and a few more adjustments to the bow and sight.
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-25-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Awesome.

Hit the carpet store for some remnants as a back stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here he is at full draw. Should the string touch his face? Something tells me I’m going to end up getting a bow and learn with him.

6B3DD760-5E09-4F52-A999-5DA606DB0C4F.jpeg
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-25-2019 at 08:58 PM.

I backspaced a bunch in this.

Parents spend money on hitting coaches, shooting coaches, travel ball, etc., if you can find an archery coach or an accomplished shooter to spend a couple hours to teaching fundamentals will be a huge a head start.

Keep It fun. You can pickup a Mathews Genesis bow and the whole family plink just like with an air rifle and a steel target rifle but with a bow and a tick tack toe target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tip of his nose should be right at or pretty dang close to the string.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Draw length is too short. Have the nock be lined up with his eye (straight under it) at full draw. That's technically where it should be with proper form but accuracy with archery is all about consistency.

I'm sure he's in the stage of flinging arrows and having fun but it will be helpful to him accuracy wise if he starts to develope a consistent anchor.

Check this pdf to read more than you ever wanted to know. Focus on "anchor" and "how to grip your bow"

Nuts and Bolts of Archery EBook link for beginners https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5689807

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

I have’t read this while thread but just saw your post and picture. Several things wrong there. The draw length on that bow is too short for him. His grip on the bow - he’s torquing the bow. Also from the photo, and maybe it is just the angle, but are you sure he is right eye dominant?

All very easy things to adjust and get him on the right path in less than an hour. If there isn’t a bow shop close by that will help him, I know there is a bow hunter in Summerville on this site that will. If all else fails, shoot me a PM and we’ll find a way to get together in the next few weeks and I’ll help him. No kid that wants to shoot a bow that bad should have a hard time getting some help to start off on the right foot.

Yeh he’s a bit short on the DL. My man is shooting $14 arrows right outta the gate!! I hope he continues to enjoy it

Got plenty room of room to let the draw length out.

As far as right eye dominant...nah. I really think he’s left eye. We’ve shot guns both ways. He doesn’t want to shoot left handed. I know, I know, I know. Will continue to work on that and may even get a left handed bow also if I feel he’s going to stick with it.
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-25-2019 at 10:20 PM.