Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite Holiday Dish

These cuts of meat that I'm eating for lunch remind me of turkey.. void of flavor, something has to be added

20191105_121228.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Anything but turkey. Turkey is the tofu of meat. I'd rather eat Styrofoam packing peanuts.
    That’s about the best analogy I’ve heard to describe turkey breast. I look at as a vessel for Giblet gravy. Whatever doesn’t get eaten ( which is pretty much all of it) gets turned into turkey salad. I’m talking the one with mayo and such that gets put on sandwiches and crackers kind of salad, not put in a bowl with mixed greens salad.

Too right HS. Filet is the reason bernaise, au poivre, and all those other sauces steakhouses use to cover up their flaws, were created.

I see the rosemary, what’s on top HS?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I believe it's on this site somewhere. If not, I will post it. The recipe comes from the lady who cooked for us for many years at a Quail Plantation in Moultrie, GA. Her name was Idessa. I should have married her.
    Moultrie Ga is where I have eaten over 26 years of Thanksgiving meals! Yes they can cook.

I would love to see that recipe too.

Butter, seared in oil, butter added rosemary goes in the just some spooning over in attempt to add fat.

Warm pecan pie with vanilla ice cream melting on it

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Butter, seared in oil, butter added rosemary goes in the just some spooning over in attempt to add fat.
    Two years ago I "marinated" backstrap steaks in butter in a pan just warm enough to keep it liquid for 45minutes or so. Then seared in the iron skillet.
    Havent done it any other way since.

Butter is good

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    All yall talking about canned cranberry sauce. My mom homemakes cranberry sauce and its pretty delicious. That and a macaroni and cheese recipe thats been passed down a couple generations is about where its at. I'm trying to think of what my mom makes with oysters but I cant remember what she calls it. It looks similar to the above picture but I know it isnt called oyster pie.

She calls it scalloped oysters
    What about that mac and cheese recipe?? Please.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Who do I have to kill to get a recipe?
    Ms. Idessa's Bourbon Pecan Pie

Piecrust
    Yield: two 9-inch crusts

Ingredients
    1 ⁄ cups all-purpose flour mixed with tsp. kosher salt
    ⁄ cup lard
    tsp. white vinegar
    1 small egg
    Water

Preparation
    Place flour and salt in bowl, and cut in lard until mixture resembles small peas. In a Pyrex measuring cup, combine vinegar and egg, and add water to make ⁄ cup liquid. Slowly add liquid to the flour mixture, forming dough. Do not overwork. Remove from bowl, halve, and pat into disks. If not using immediately, cover in plastic wrap and chill.

Bourbon Pecan Pie Filling
    Yield: fills one 9-inch crust

Roll out one dough disk and fit in 9-inch pie pan, crimping edges.

Ingredients
    cup granulated sugar
    1 cups dark corn syrup
    tsp. kosher salt
    1 tsp. all-purpose flour
    3 large eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 tbsp. bourbon
    1 tbsp. melted sweet butter
    1 cups pecans

Preparation
    Using a hand mixer, combine sugar, syrup, salt, flour, and eggs, mixing well. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into unbaked pie shell.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes (a toothpick inserted in center should come out relatively clean). Remove from oven and place on cooling rack, allowing pie to rest for 2 to 3 hours to set.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Ms. Idessa's Bourbon Pecan Pie

Piecrust
    Yield: two 9-inch crusts

Ingredients
    1 ⁄ cups all-purpose flour mixed with tsp. kosher salt
    ⁄ cup lard
    tsp. white vinegar
    1 small egg
    Water

Preparation
    Place flour and salt in bowl, and cut in lard until mixture resembles small peas. In a Pyrex measuring cup, combine vinegar and egg, and add water to make ⁄ cup liquid. Slowly add liquid to the flour mixture, forming dough. Do not overwork. Remove from bowl, halve, and pat into disks. If not using immediately, cover in plastic wrap and chill.

Bourbon Pecan Pie Filling
    Yield: fills one 9-inch crust

Roll out one dough disk and fit in 9-inch pie pan, crimping edges.

Ingredients
    cup granulated sugar
    1 cups dark corn syrup
    tsp. kosher salt
    1 tsp. all-purpose flour
    3 large eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 tbsp. bourbon
    1 tbsp. melted sweet butter
    1 cups pecans

Preparation
    Using a hand mixer, combine sugar, syrup, salt, flour, and eggs, mixing well. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into unbaked pie shell.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes (a toothpick inserted in center should come out relatively clean). Remove from oven and place on cooling rack, allowing pie to rest for 2 to 3 hours to set.
    Thanks. I did a search earlier and couldnt find your recipe, but Glenn did have a recipe he stole from somewhere. I think Ill go with his, it calls for a lot more bourbon and chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Yessir. Cant wait to see this again.
    Attachment 50653
    That is the real deal.

Hawaiian rolls plus leftovers, works great for any holiday!

Open it up, slide in a touch of ham.. maybe turkey, a smidge of yams, maybe if theres some left.. some collards for health. And then throw in a spoonful of canned cranberry sauce

So festive

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Thanks. I did a search earlier and couldn’t find your recipe, but Glenn did have a recipe he stole from somewhere. I think I’ll go with his, it calls for a lot more bourbon and chocolate.

It's just a recipe. Hell, I definitely add more Bourbon. Sometimes chocolate also. I will try Glenn's recipe and see how it compares. Love some Pecan pie for sho.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

It's just a recipe. Hell, I definitely add more Bourbon. Sometimes chocolate also. I will try Glenn's recipe and see how it compares. Love some Pecan pie for sho.
    Ive already told the wife she has to make two pies this thanksgiving so I could get good comparison. Ill add some extra bourbon to my glass just in case I find either of them lacking. Im looking forward to it.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Does your better half preach about "quality time" too? Im pretty sure mines definition changes weekly to fit her argument.
    Quality time is a waste of time. I never spent any with my old lady and we had a great relationship, right up to the day she left me