Thread: Hunting With Kids...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hunting With Kids...

I took the kids out one at a time for some afternoon sits a few weeks ago before it got cold. I posted the pictures of the deer I killed with Sawyer but here is a short video of that hunt. It's basically 10 minutes of me telling him to hush and whisper.

That's awesome that you've got videos of hunting with your kids! This is the first year my boys have been going totally on their own to their stands. Its bitter sweet because now I'm watching them walk off while I'm helping my dad get into his stand. The roles are slowly reversing so soak it up while you can and keep on keepin on! Good job dad!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    That's awesome that you've got videos of hunting with your kids! This is the first year my boys have been going totally on their own to their stands. Its bitter sweet because now I'm watching them walk off while I'm helping my dad get into his stand. The roles are slowly reversing so soak it up while you can and keep on keepin on! Good job dad!
    this. well said
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

That’s great!! He won’t ever forget that day! I’ve enjoyed watching your videos, keep posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    That’s great!! He won’t ever forget that day! I’ve enjoyed watching your videos, keep posting them.
    Thanks man. Share em around.

No saddle?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    No saddle?
    Stay tuned.

Had my 8 yr old son with me this past Sat evening. Very frustrating yet very enjoyable at the same time. I understand now why he gets in trouble so much at school.

Great video Glenn.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

This is great! I’m fixing to go get in tree with my two boys. 6and 4. It’s funny how they magically get a cough of sniffles when we get in tree. I’ve yet to kill with them, but I have missed twice. I know it was for Rushing my shot thinking they was gonna spook. Anyways this is awesome!
    Last edited by Relentlous; 11-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    867-5309

It’s like herding cats.... cats that cough and talk loud and fight and step on sticks ....

Getting closer to actually hunting, although my rifle will gather dust while theirs heats up, which is going to be fun to watch
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

If you cuss them enough they will eventually stop walking like giants stomping giant bubblewrap

I enjoyed that

This just made me scroll back through the archives to watch a video of the first/one of the first time I took Jane turkey hunting.
    We got in a ground blind and she proceeded to send all wildlife running across the swamp!
    LMAO......I'll post it up soon, it's a priceless couple of minutes of "just roll with it" kid outing afield.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE