Thread: HVAC Help

Default HVAC Help

Honeywell thermostat on downstairs unit is flashing “heat on” but nothing is coming out the vents. Any help?
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Battery need replacing in thermostat?
    No air at all coming out of the vents?
    Does the emergency heat strips work?
    Check breakers to the outside unit and air handler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fan or starting capacitor

More info needed. Heat Pump w/electric strip or gas furnace?

As mentioned above, check breakers first.
    Switch on AC and see if your fan works. Could be a capacitor issue.

Out of propane

Electric heat. Outside unit is not working. Jumped the red and yellow behind the thermostat and outside unit still doesn’t start. Jumped the red and green and the blower comes on and air comes out of vents. Thinking the capacitor at the outside unit?
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

See if fan will run by helping it start to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Electric heat. Outside unit is not working. Jumped the red and yellow behind the thermostat and outside unit still doesn’t start. Jumped the red and green and the blower comes on and air comes out of vents. Thinking the capacitor at the outside unit?
    That’s a good place to start. Sounds like what happened when the capacitor went out on my parent’s unit.
    For the ducks

What model Honeywell stat ? If it’s a newer one on a heatpump when heating or cooling on is flashing it is in delay. When it’s on solid (no flash) then equipment should be on.

This is the thermostat https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywel...hite-4089000-p

Finally got a chance to go outside and pull the panel off now that the wife is home. Pushed the contact and the outside unit fired up like it supposed to, so not the capacitor. My guess now would be the board. Outside unit is a Lennox 14HPX-024-230-10

This is the thermostat https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywel...hite-4089000-p

Finally got a chance to go outside and pull the panel off now that the wife is home. Pushed the contact and the outside unit fired up like it supposed to, so not the capacitor. My guess now would be the board. Outside unit is a Lennox 14HPX-024-230-10
    If it is flashing heat on it is in delay. If it’s a heatpump that delay is 5 minutes. When you are sitting there waiting on one 5 mins seems like an eternity. That delay is in there to protect the compressor. BJ.

It sat there for well over 30 min before I turned the thermostat off. Turn cool on an the fan blows inside but outside won’t

It sat there for well over 30 min before I turned the thermostat off. Turn cool on an the fan blows inside but outside won’t
    Not saying you don’t have an issue with the unit. But the flash is a built in delay. If it flashes for 5 mins, clicks to bring on system and goes back to flashing that is normally indicative of a low voltage short.

Thanks. Where should I start looking then?

Sounds like you are not getting your 24 volts to the outside unit. If you can press the contractor and the unit comes on.

Did you have a storm in the last two days? Sounds like a problem I had with my unit. One of the wires leading back to my Thermostat fried. Swapped to another wire and it worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    Did you have a storm in the last two days? Sounds like a problem I had with my unit. One of the wires leading back to my Thermostat fried. Swapped to another wire and it worked like a charm.
    No storms lately