Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who got drawn?

Default Who got drawn?

Who got drawn?

Year 3 for me and pa with no go. Seems to par for the course. I am excited to see how the improvements this year will affect numbers in the coming years.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Year 3 for my father and I as well and it is a no go for us. Used to get picked every 2nd or 3rd year, but has been the 4th year it seems the last few times. Hopefully will happen for us next year because it gets harder and harder for him to get out as every year goes by. Looks like mostly wood ducks in the swamp and q beam wars in the river for us this year.
    Last edited by TripleTail; 10-30-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Last day of season at Springfield. 3 points.

got drawn for the cape, year 4
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Year 3 for my group and unsuccessful draw. Complete BS!!!! Used to get to hunt every other year. Then went to every 3rd year. I guess now we will get to hunt once every 4th year. its ridicules. There is so much more we could be doing with these Cat 1 areas. Just SAD!!! Don't get me started on the lack of management in the Cat 2 waterfowl areas. The whole system is a joke!!!!

Bear Island East 1/30
    I think we had 4 points
    Me and Gbelly

hey whitewing, stop applying if it bugs you so much.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

12/14 springfield

What's up with the private land partnership hunts? People were supposed to get out in a drawing for them too. Anybody heard if they have drawn for those yet?

No love for me this year, 3 point going into next year.

The private land partnership thing is supposed to be for folks that didn't get drawn on the regular lottery. Maybe they'll do it now.

Year 5 Murphy island jan 29
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Bear Island East 1/30
    I think we had 4 points
    Me and Gbelly

Dang... that hunt should have some real potential.. Last hunt. We got drawn for the same day many moons ago. 4 in our party. Two guys shot limits of GWTeal early and then watched us pick and choose off the menu for the stuff we came for. I also killed a Greater Snow and an Eagle head that morning. Fog was thick and the birds were feet down. Fond memory. My Black is sitting on the mantle as I write this .

We saw more Pintails that morning than you would believe.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The Cape 1/3

I'm too nervous to click my envelope button

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Bear Island East 1/30
    I think we had 4 points
    Me and Gbelly

Steak night at Edisto afterwards?

IN

i'll leave it to Gene to work on my lodging.....

Belle Grove 11/22

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEWING View Post
    Year 3 for my group and unsuccessful draw. Complete BS!!!! Used to get to hunt every other year. Then went to every 3rd year. I guess now we will get to hunt once every 4th year. its ridicules. There is so much more we could be doing with these Cat 1 areas. Just SAD!!! Don't get me started on the lack of management in the Cat 2 waterfowl areas. The whole system is a joke!!!!
    It's all the guys that are decked out in Sitka "gear" to shoot wood ducks that are making your wait longer...Sitting here in the midwest and just got a push of birds the last few days. Looking forward to tomorrow morning. I do NOT miss SC hunting. Drove 35 minutes this am to check a spot and was the farthest I've driven yet to look for ducks. Most mornings average 5.8 miles to shoot ducks. Life is good. Really makes me realize how bad SC is.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    It's all the guys that are decked out in Sitka "gear" to shoot wood ducks that are making your wait longer...Sitting here in the midwest and just got a push of birds the last few days. Looking forward to tomorrow morning. I do NOT miss SC hunting. Drove 35 minutes this am to check a spot and was the farthest I've driven yet to look for ducks. Most mornings average 5.8 miles to shoot ducks. Life is good. Really makes me realize how bad SC is.
    Really sounds like you could use a few more members on your hunting excursions.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    Yes sir you are correct. Just get on the internet and apply. Show up an shoot at ducks. No hunting required!!!! I have been hunting here for 35 years and it hurts me to see what it has become!!

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Belle Grove 11/22
    sweet! bring three shells.