Thread: My first goat, mule deer, and hands free spontaneous orgasm!

Default My first goat, mule deer, and hands free spontaneous orgasm!

10/28/19, I went after a speed goat with a new friend out here who's educating me about long range rifles and such. Seeing as I can't be hunting outside of 20 minutes from the hospital, I wasn't too picky. This weird, old goat trotted out of a draw at 485. Did not have a good rest with the bipod on the front of the truck, but it was good enough with his sweet 7mm mag that has a straight up "brain trigger;" you think about squeezing the trigger, and it goes boom.
    ;

I figured out that morning that my deer tag needed to be punched by Oct 31 or I would have to travel 1.5 hours or more to the next zone that opened up. I headed out to try to find one of the mule deer that I had been hoping to shoot with my recently-completed self bow (before I screwed it up and shattered it). Because they cut the corn that was helping funnel the deer consistently to a spot I could easily ambush, the deer changed their pattern< and I suspected they had moved over across the road to the nearest standing corn in the area. Regardless, I pulled into where I park to hunt my Bessie-blind, now frozen pond to see if I could catch one bedding in the grass near Bessie like they had been doing before the corn got cut. I noticed a pile of ducks circling the corn field as I headed into the grass to see what I could get close to. Well, for the 1.5 hours that I eased around in that grass, I couldn't help but watch as more and more ducks piled into the field next to me. I finally gave up on the deer hunt and drug my layout blind over to the edge of that field wearing my blaze orange hat. I remembered I had packed my sony video camera, as my iphone camera is giving me fits. Here is video I took standing on the edge of the field in a blaze orange hat after dragging my layout blind from the middle of the field that is directly behind where you see the ducks landing. Did not actually have the big O, but it was close!

10-29-19 After a good morning of work, I grabbed the rifle and headed out to try to punch that deer tag. After checking the grass field beside my frozen duck hole to no avail, I went and walked a long stretch of Laramie River bottom to no avail. After glassing a few other spots, I decided to head back over to the cut corn field for the last hour of daylight to sit and see if maybe one of the mule deer might show up to get a nibble; if no deer showed, I was going to at least get to watch the ducks again. As I pulled into the road leading to the corn field, I caught movement to my left and looked over to see the small 4x4 (I've been watching 2 spikes, a 2x2, this small 4x4, and a big 4x4) cruising the scrub brush/trees choked fence line. I saw that the fence was behind the deer, so I got out of the truck and let him have it. I wish I'd have seen the spike and 2x2 that were ahead of him, because I was meat hunting and wanting to leave the 4x4s for next year. Regardless, he ain't big, but he's going to eat much better than the tag soup I was about to be served. I'm happy with him considering he's my first mule deer and basically an in-town buck.
    ;

Let me take this time to warn folks...do not shoot a custom rifle with a well-adjusted, quality trigger unless you are ready to spend some Benjamins. I used to think that stainless stalker was a "sweet shooting gun." It did the job, but it felt like I was going to have to employ a come-a-long to get it to go bang compared to my buds Christiansen Arms. I will surely be coming off some significant cash in the coming year to be ready for next year's big game season.

So, now that my tags are punched, I am about to go hit that cut corn field in the am. I'm not going to take anything for granted, but I'm thinking I might be able to scratch out a solid limit laying in and amongst that "little wad" of ducks! I'm going to try to figure out a way to secure the sony cam about 10 yards behind the layout, turn it on, and hope the auto focus feature on it works well enough to capture some decent footage of the action. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 10-30-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Awesome!

You’ll live to be an old man getting to play like that!!

I’d say you found some birds!! That video is dreamy!

Thank you for sharing.

Sounds like you're having a ball.

Here's a short-term fix for the custom rifle blues, and affordable fix for that A-bolt trigger. I dropped the lighter weight spring in a .308, and it breaks crisp. Easy and cheap upgrade. Mine wound up a hair under 2 lbs.
    https://timneytriggers.com/a-bolt-spring-kit/

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Wow! I'm down with the speed goat but screw the mulie. I'd be chasing ducks. Great stuff! Congrats man.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Living the dream!
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Congrats on the awesome hunts. I'm not watching the video because you mentioned an orgasm.

Love it, the birds have definitely made it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Wow! I'm down with the speed goat but screw the mulie. I'd be chasing ducks. Great stuff! Congrats man.
    I worked on em this am. I attempted to film my hunt in that field this am. I have no clue if it turned out ok or not, as the battery died after 2 hours and 4 dead green-heads. I was so jacked up, I went with zero sleep...same as the night before the goat hunt. That night I watched Lonesome Dove from start to finish. Last night I spiraled down the youtube wormhole till the coffee started cooking. I'll post video after editing and will post dead still pics tomorrow after I go pick off 6 more, but right now...I'm heading for just north of coma.

Now I remember you bro!
    Genesis 9;2

I’d have posted pic of Will and me on overflow had I known you were having trouble putting an image to the name! The last pic of you I have in my brain is you with a compass trying to teach my 7th graders how to use it at some upstate camp we visited in ‘97. You need to bring your ass out here to share some spirits and a duck blind. We could dig up some cool memories fo sho. I guess that’s a cool thing about getting old and fading memories...dig em up, and it’s like you’re paddling it all again for the first time. I don’t remember a lot about you, but there are a lot of folks in that category; what I do remember is what’s important...you are a genuinely good dood that I’d paddle off the lip of unknown gnar with without hesitation...and that’s all that matters.

Those Room Without a View, Luke Skywalker , Gorrilla, Marginal Monster paddling days and squirting Left Crack for kicks are well past for me brother! I stopped soon after a first decent in Central America where we lost a guy or two for a spell. I never took much more than a bruise to the forehead in all those years but knew the day would come if I kept pushing the limit. I daggum sure do need to get out there man. Damn cool to put a face to a name, I had you placed wrong. Old Will , what a trip bro. I will shoot ya a pm.
    Genesis 9;2

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I worked on em this am. I attempted to film my hunt in that field this am. I have no clue if it turned out ok or not, as the battery died after 2 hours and 4 dead green-heads. I was so jacked up, I went with zero sleep...same as the night before the goat hunt. That night I watched Lonesome Dove from start to finish. Last night I spiraled down the youtube wormhole till the coffee started cooking. I'll post video after editing and will post dead still pics tomorrow after I go pick off 6 more, but right now...I'm heading for just north of coma.
    Good deal. I know that feeling where you may as well stay up cause you dang sure can't sleep.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."