Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw hunt Scam

Default Draw hunt Scam

First let me say yes I am mad I did not get drawn after 3 years. So I admit that and that is certainly my motivation for this post! I used to be a member of a very prominent duck hunting club. It was around 250 acres of well managed natural habitat. We hunted 2 days a week during the season. Most days we had 25-35 hunters. Limits were the norm and we had plenty of ducks after the season was over etc... let’s just use the above info and apply it to just Cedar Island Cat 1 waterfowl area. 250 acres divided by 30 hunters = 8.3 acres per hunter. Cedar island alone has 2590 acres of impoundments. Using 8.3 acres per hunter that would mean that on a hunt you could have around 312 hunters. Cedar island only draws 12 hunters a hunt? Cedar island only had 8 hunts last year. 8 x 312 = 2496 people that could of had a nice hunt and room to spread out. A total of 89 people hunted Cedar Island last year. Why so few, and why do we accept that from our DNR?

Could you imagine trying to get 312 hunters out to the blind at 5 AM. All by boat (for Cedar).

Gonna be six years if you keep talking about it.

DNR could buy a couple of those boats like the Fort Sumter tour boats and ride 312 hunters out to Cedar Island no problem since they are so flush with cash.
    DILLIGAF

\"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Hunting with 312 people lol. Screw that

Yea I agree 312 is a bit much but I wanted to get my point across. If though you said 12x4 = 48 people a hunt. Then you could hunt every year instead of every 4 years

Sweet jesus! Just no. Already enough skybusting with the few shooters they allow. It would be like a freakin circus like many of the dove fields that DNR manages.

Get in your truck and westward if you want a decent hunt. SC will never be a duck mecca.
    Last edited by Gander; 10-30-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Hell I got 5 points still didn't get drawn.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Sweet jesus! Just no. Already enough skybusting with the few shooters they allow. It would be like a freakin circus like many of the dove fields that DNR manages.

Get in your truck and westward if you want a decent hunt. SC will never be a duck mecca.
    Shell limits can help with that. South Carolina from about 1988-2005 or so was a decent place to hunt, but your right now it is tuff!

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEWING View Post
    Shell limits can help with that.
    No they can't.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUX View Post
    Hell I got 5 points still didn't get drawn.
    Exactly. Just not right in my humble opinion

So where was this club that you’ll killed 2000-2500 a year ?
    80-20 Genaration

WW==yes, I am aware the atlantic flyway has a rich tradition but this isnt maryland. SC had ducks when the santee cooper lakes were first built. I honestly dont know much (or care) about history before that as it relates to todays migration. Things change, you know.

out of curiosity, how old are you?

If you search, you can find a lot of talk about Cat I and II and how they are (mis)managed. Granted, I cant imagine the shitshow you talked about in your first post...

We all think we can do it better. I would say GO FOR IT but its not my choice. I have some of the same misgivings you do about our draw hunt locations...but being drawn every 4th or 5th year and having a quality hunt make it worth it. if you want to kill ducks any day of the year on public land, they are out there. Many on this site can prove that. Are you willing to put in the effort it takes to do that? Or are you the type that needs to get in touch with TWIN PONDS or whatever its called and shoot you a limit every time? I'd love for you to do that....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    So where was this club that you’ll killed 2000-2500 a year ?
    I think its in his dreams...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've never put in for a draw hunt because I already pay the government enough fucking money

2th. I am 46. Born and raised in Moncks Corner. My dad took me hunting for the first time on the cooper river when I was 3. I killed my first duck at 12. Like I said I’m not here to get in a pissing match with you. I have killed my share of ducks that is for damn sure. I have hunted a lot of places west north and south. it Is a shame that people alow this kind of sup par crap and think it is ok!!! It’s time to stand up and say no 12 damn people on 2900 acres is BULL SHIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I think its in his dreams...
    Really? Quit with the personal bull shit and stick to the topic!!

I’m annoyed, but my opinion is irrelevant. I’m annoyed at the grown men whining about not getting drawn enough. Get out there and kill you some ducks! There’s plenty of lakes rivers and streams in this state. Or don’t and go join another club!
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I’m annoyed, but my opinion is irrelevant. I’m annoyed at the grown men whining about not getting drawn enough. Get out there and kill you some ducks! There’s plenty of lakes rivers and streams in this state. Or don’t and go join another club!
    Sorry I annoyed you. You are probably one of the best young hunters on this board. Just voicing my opinion.