Thread: New Scope?

Default New Scope?

I'm in the market for a new scope preferably something with decent magnification and Duplex/German #4 reticle that won't break my budget of $500. I know I won't get top of the line for that money but recommendations?

Hawke Endurance

Saw trijicon accupowers on optics planet for 450 or so today.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Saw trijicon accupowers on optics planet for 450 or so today.
    This. Or a used Conquest. Meopta Meopro would be a good choice too. Or if you can find one a Leica ER5, not sure if EuroOptic still has any left or not, they once upon a time had a great sale on them.

Someone had the Swarovski Z3 for like $699 a month or so ago, can’t remember who though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    This. Or a used Conquest. Meopta Meopro would be a good choice too. Or if you can find one a Leica ER5, not sure if EuroOptic still has any left or not, they once upon a time had a great sale on them.

Someone had the Swarovski Z3 for like $699 a month or so ago, can’t remember who though.
    Those ER5’s are long gone, I wish I had 4 of them right now.

The ER5's were a great deal, I regret only buying one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Those ER5’s are long gone, I wish I had 4 of them right now.
    I bought two, reticles are perfect for hunting in low light with no illumination. Wish the Magnus I bought was illuminated, that is a badass piece of glass. The reticle is just a little too thin that last 10-15 minutes but damn the image is great. You could still shoot using the posts inside 100 though.

The Fortis 6 is due out soon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Any thoughts on this model? Worthwhile or should I look elsewhere. I'm on the fence since Weaver is no longer in business.

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-cla...cle-matte.html

The old super slam weavers were made in Japan and were damn good for the money, no idea about that one you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Any thoughts on this model? Worthwhile or should I look elsewhere. I'm on the fence since Weaver is no longer in business.

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-cla...cle-matte.html
    I liked the Super Slams a lot they were great. I think those CE’s are made in China or the Philippines.

I've got a Grand Slam that is an unexpectedly great scope. I've also got a couple Weaver Kaspa series scopes that are real cheapos but still a lot of scope for the money and are plenty good for .22s and plinkers. I might have to take a gamble and buy one of those Classic Extremes listed above.

I didn't know Weaver went out of business. Damn shame. They've been around forever and made adequate scopes back in the day but really upped their game when the competition made them.

Weaver still has a web site.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 11-02-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've got a Grand Slam that is an unexpectedly great scope. I've also got a couple Weaver Kaspa series scopes that are real cheapos but still a lot of scope for the money and are plenty good for .22s and plinkers. I might have to take a gamble and buy one of those Classic Extremes listed above.

I didn't know Weaver went out of business. Damn shame. They've been around forever and made adequate scopes back in the day but really upped their game when the competition made them.

Weaver still has a web site.
    I was told Weaver was acquired by Bushnell and if you sent in a Weaver for repair it was replaced with a Bushnell of equal value. I can't confirm if that is true but would explain the clearance sales on Weaver optics.