Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CFP Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    When the regular season ends, including the conference championships LSU, Ohio State, followed by Alabama will have played a very tough schedule. On the other hand Clemson will have still just played a bunch of high school teams. Stop crying and just own it.
    can you explain how this matters in terms of how good clemson is? Because our opponents suck, we suck? You keep beating this horse and I just need to know what you are trying to prove.

IMO, you dont prove that clemson sucks. and i'm pretty sure someone mentioned alabama. they dont play anyone either.

and no offense to LSU, but auburn is not very good and I think clemson would beat them comfortably.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    Don’t worry Cd, 6 is coming quickly and IF y’all can the the mighty juggernaut of Vanderbilt maybe you can plan a trip to the tydibowl game.

For the record, LSU should be at 1.
    I wouldn't assume they beat App St. They need to win Vandy, App St, and one more for a bowl
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    can you explain how this matters in terms of how good clemson is? Because our opponents suck, we suck? You keep beating this horse and I just need to know what you are trying to prove.

IMO, you dont prove that clemson sucks. and i'm pretty sure someone mentioned alabama. they dont play anyone either.

and no offense to LSU, but auburn is not very good and I think clemson would beat them comfortably.

I was just responding to Feet's butthurt over Alabama's schedule.

And where did I say Clemson sucks? If I was trying to prove they sucked I would have brought up the 1 pt. win over UNC.

And for those that want to say "up until now" ….both Alabama and Clemson's schedules have been pretty weak, but Alabama didn't survive a game by the other team failing on a two point conversion,...…..tater tech did against NC.

I was on the LSU train until this past weekend. Auburn’s sporadic and dysfunctional offense killed them. If they’d had a halfway decent QB performance from Nix, they’d have beaten LSU. Bayou Bengals defense is not very good, this’ll show up at some point when they face a dynamic offense. Bama’s defense is definitely not where it was in previous years.

Looking at it from a statistical standpoint, Clemson and OSU are better but they don’t get the SEC nod. Of course by the time Michigan and OSU tee it off, Michigan will probably be #2 in the AP.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

WAY TOO EARLY, come back in 3-4 more weeks and at that point the top 4 teams, well top 3 since we all know Bama will NOT be left out, at clear cut

At this point I would have to go with these 4 in this order

1-LSU
    2-OSU-
    3-Clemson
    4-Bama

Can argue spot of 3 & 4 all day long but end of day Tigers schedule is ranked 54th toughest, Bama is 62

A week ago I thought OK would be in the mix but we all know all teams will have a close game or a loss that is unexpected (Tigers avoided it at UNC)

UGA got bit by U5C

LSU/Bama game is looking like a barn burner

OSU, thought WI would have a shot but maybe this OSU team is for real. Still got PSU and MI to go so that could happen

Fun to watch no matter what and end of day with 4 teams somebody is always going to argue about being 5-8th but I still like the 4 team CFP

Only thing I would say is ANY TEAM in CFP should be a Conference Champion, PERIOD. That would solve problem

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    When the regular season ends, including the conference championships LSU, Ohio State, followed by Alabama will have played a very tough schedule. On the other hand Clemson will have still just played a bunch of high school teams. Stop crying and just own it.
    Like I’ve told several other people lately, there’s no crying involved in my statements. I don’t GAF what the polls do, I’m merely pointing out hypocrisy. I’m stating facts, the facts are that UP TO THIS POINT, Alabama hasn’t played a tougher schedule than Clemson has. That’s a fact. If you don’t believe it, you either aren’t looking at the stats, or you’re just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Default CFP Discussion

And you can jerk off about that 1 point win over UNC all you want. Ask OU or UGA if they would take a 1 point win over an unranked team as opposed to the L they toted. I’m pretty sure I know the answer. 8-0 > 7-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 10-28-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Cat Daddy all Chuck Norris on these Taters this morning

If the past 4 years have taught us anything, what a chicken thinks about what Clemson has going on means exactly jack shit.

Brooms and back porches and all that.....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I'm trying to figure out why it matters if Alabama is ranked above Clemson now. If Clemson wins out like they should they are in the playoffs which is all that matters right?
    Last edited by BCR3; 10-28-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why it matters if Alabama is ranked above Clemson now. If Clemson wins out like they should they are in the playoffs which is all that matters right?
    Doesn’t matter one bit. I’d rather not be the #1 seed anyway. Heck I don’t think they’ve won it yet. And the more Dabo can play the ROY bus and disrespect angle the more he gets out of his teams.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Doesn’t matter one bit. I’d rather not be the #1 seed anyway. Heck I don’t think they’ve won it yet. And the more Dabo can play the ROY bus and disrespect angle the more he gets out of his teams.
    Don't disagree with that at all. It's obviously worked out pretty dang good in the past for Clemson. I have Clemson ahead of Bama anyway. I hate to say it out loud but Ohio State might be the real deal this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    they cant trip up against Wofford

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Because our opponents suck, we suck?
    Duh

The Patriots play in the weakest conference ( the last 15 years) in the NFL. They dominate every team in the NFL annually. You don’t hear fans of other teams going Ape Shit over it though. This thread is funny.

I love that this thread was started with hopes of having an intelligent conversation about football when most of you who put in their useless thoughts have clearly never even touched a football. Watching your local high school team play while you are there to support your child plays in the marching band, learning a few coverages and formations from playing Madden, coaching your child's rec team, or watching Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday football for the last 20 years does not provide you with enough intelligence on the subject to make your opinions noteworthy. Have you ever watched a game next to someone who is a complete DA but insists calling out every obvious thing he sees during the game and enlighten you with his "intelligent" plan to spoil the other teams attempts and put your team in the end zone. Well gentlemen, welcome to that group!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by take em' 07 View Post
    I love that this thread was started with hopes of having an intelligent conversation about football when most of you who put in their useless thoughts have clearly never even touched a football. Watching your local high school team play while you are there to support your child plays in the marching band, learning a few coverages and formations from playing Madden, coaching your child's rec team, or watching Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday football for the last 20 years does not provide you with enough intelligence on the subject to make your opinions noteworthy. Have you ever watched a game next to someone who is a complete DA but insists calling out every obvious thing he sees during the game and enlighten you with his "intelligent" plan to spoil the other teams attempts and put your team in the end zone. Well gentlemen, welcome to that group!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude....

14BA655F-A931-4BA1-AFCE-660258D6B7C3.jpeg
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by take em' 07 View Post
    I guess people who have played or coached for at least 10 years in the NFL should start their own thread. The rest of us can discuss it here
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands