Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: CFP Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Clemson beat them
    end of statement
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I'm just dumb enough to attempt to have a somewhat intelligent conversation about football in the sports forum. Here Goes:

My top 4 right now, I would have:
    1) Ohio State
    2) LSU
    3) Clemson
    4) Alabama

The next group in some order is UGA, PSU, OK, and Oregon

To my eyes, of the contenders, Ohio State and Clemson appear to be the strongest on defense. OSU has NFL dudes all over their defense, and especially at DB. Arnette and Okudah are lights out, and Chase Young is really tough to deal with. Clemson is blitzing from everywhere, and is developing into a great defense. While yesterday was no test, it was a nice look at how Clemson's undersized 3 man front could hold up against a power run game with play action(and without XT). That is what OSU is right now.

LSU has a very good offense, but I am not sure about their D. I feel the same way about Bama (assuming Tua comes back). I think LSU/Bama is a high scoring game, but I think LSU's D will make enough plays/force turnovers to win the game. I think Tua will be hobbled enough, if he plays, that LSU can get to him and win a 38-31 kind of game.

IF Bama loses without Tua, they will get the 4th playoff spot, and show up rested/pissed. I worry about their ability to run the ball when they need to. Their O-line isn't as dominant as years past, and I haven't seen them dominate lesser opponents on the ground.

Penn State is not a factor right now, but if they can continue to improve, and they beat OSU, they will be in. UGA can win their way in, but I don't think they have the receivers to make teams pay for stacking the box against their run.

Oklahoma would need some serious turmoil to make it in. They won't have another chance to impress, unless you are impressed by them beating Baylor twice.

Oregon, meh.

I do believe that Clemson looks to be working towards playing their best football at the right time. I think Clemson's best football is the best in the country, but it remains to be seen if they can play their best when it matters.

Gonna be fun to watch
    This has aged well
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands