Thread: GPS E collar combo.....

Default GPS E collar combo.....

Is there such a collar now or the functions independent of one another?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

So I see the dogtra pathfinder is such a setup....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Garmin and sportdog make one
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Yes the garmin alpha w tt15 collar. Can handle up to 20 dogs at once.

Scott, the Garmin setup is by far the best out there! I use the handheld during Turkey Season as a GPS battery life is outstanding, they’re extremely durable. You’re basically buying a handheld GPS that doubles as a training/tracking collar. It’s pricey but for the features it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

What are you running that you lose sight of your hound?

We've been running GPS on our pointing dogs the last several years.
    It helps tremendously when they're running through a sea of grass and makes the hunt move along way more efficiently!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What are you running that you lose sight of your hound?
    I run them on pointers as well. Definitely makes things much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Ahhh yeah. I forget that you are not only the deer/turkey/duck master but the bird master as well...

Garmin Alpha hands down
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

I don’t know what the update rate is on the other units but the garmin has an adjustable update rate with 2.5 seconds being the quickest.

For bird hunting I would think the update rate would be pretty important.

I love my alpha. It does everything I need it to do.

Picked up a Garmin Alpha/TT15 combo and have been impressed so far. Will let you know how it holds up but read great reviews.

There was a rebate this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Picked up a Garmin Alpha/TT15 combo and have been impressed so far. Will let you know how it holds up but read great reviews.

There was a rebate this summer.
    I’ve had mine for 6 plus years. My original handheld was bad from factory. Carried it back and replaced with a new one. I’ve had 1collar stop working in that time frame. Sent it back and was replaced under warranty. I use mine more than most people. I hunt 1-3 times a week year round. I have 2 handhelds and 12 collars. My kennel Parton the other hand hasn’t had as good of luck out of his. He’s replaced several collars of his and his is only 2-3 years old. Quality might be slipping as of late. Garmin is easy to work with when one stops working. Ship it in and they will send a refurbished product in its place.

I see you mentioned the dogtra pathfinder. I have been using one for a year on my coon hounds and my yard dog. Works very good and the maps are just like you see on Google earth, very good detail. I had the Garmin astro but not the alpha so can't comment. And it's half the price of the alpha. Pm me if you have any questions