Thread: Duck Boat repair needed

Default Duck Boat repair needed

Ive recently discovered a hairline crack/star above the bow eye on my duck boat. The crack is small, roughly 1” long, but I want to get it taken care of before it turns into a bigger problem. I spoke with the boats builder this afternoon and he informed me the best fix is to patch over the area with another sheet of aluminum. He was more than willing to knock it our for me, but he’s 11 hours away.

Looking for someone in state, preferably Charlotte or Columbia, that does good work and has done this sort of work before.

Any recommendations?

Race city metal in Denver just north of Charlotte will take care of it.

How about Palmetto Trooper?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

if its aluminum and just needs welding, Palmetto Trooper (David) is in the Columbia area and can do that for ya

Thanks

Cut eye off, bend and weld a plate over old location and then weld the eye back on. It'll be a lot stronger.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill