Thread: Best invisible fence

Default Best invisible fence

Anyone have any experience with the sport dog invisible fence system? My pointer has decided that he is part cat and climbs trees to get out of my fenced in yard. I looked at the invisible fence brand, but don't have 2k to spend on that, and I like the collar that comes with the sport dog, seems more durable than the lowes or PetSmart brands. Any info or experience is appreciated.

Was wondering the same thing. I am getting rid of most of my chain link fence next week and was looking at a potential wireless idea for them

Where are you getting that 2K price from?

That 2K price seems high, unless you're fencing off a bunch of separate zones.

I had a sportdog system and now have an invisible fence. I put the sportdog system in myself, but cut some corners with the wiring (ran them in a ditch instead of burying it). After cutting the wires multiple times, and getting some bad spots that were hard to track down, and then having my controller get zapped by lightning twice, I called invisible fence and had them come put in a new one. I have about 12 or 13 acres fenced.

If it's a small and relatively easy install, the sport dog system is fine. If its a large area, or if you want to get fancy and exclude areas like flower beds, I'd go with the invisible fence. If something goes wrong, it's nice to be able to pick up the phone and have someone else come take of it instead of spending a weekend trying to figure it out.
    Last edited by wob; 10-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.

I was under 2000 with invisible fence with 2 collars, going around all flower beds, and the perimeter and having the pet door activated by the collars installed.
    For the ducks

Wrap those trees with metal flashing and your $1975 richer.

Had great luck with the Invisible Fence brand (in four different locations). Not so much with any other, particularly the wireless transmitter systems.

I have the Sportdog system and have been satisfied

So you looking to go with the "bury the wire.in the ground" system, or you considering the "transmitter strategically placed at the house that creates a circular containment zone" type set up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

And how much of an area we talking here?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I have a PetSafe and use three zones at my house for about eight years. Works great, but you must train your dog (and your dog must be trainable.) At the end of the day, if he is willing to trade a shock for whats lay on the other side, it is not the way for you to go, regardless of the price. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero