Thread: Recommendations on ankle holsters

Default Recommendations on ankle holsters

I carry either a S&W MP in 9mm or a SA KDS 45 ..

For both I have the sticky holsters and stick them in the small of the back but have to have shirt untucked

Been looking at ankle holsters.

What is a good one and pros/cons to them. From now through late spring/early summer I pretty much wear khakis or dress pants to work every day and more dress shirts but not much on wearing a jacket/coat except for meetings

Galco or G&G

Never gone the ankle holster route so not much help there but I imagine with some time it would start to feel normal? Without trying it seems like it would be awkward unless the pistol was pretty small

I carry IWB (lefty) at ~8:00 with a kydex holster and S&W 9. Cant remember the brand right off. If your pants aren’t super tight and you have space it becomes comfortable quickly and I tuck my shirt, a little loosely. I barely notice it now, took a few weeks to adjust. There is a single clip that is slightly visible but I don’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend you don’t get an ankle holster, but if you do Crossbreed makes a nice one.

Why not just tuck your shirt in while using the sticky holster? I do it almost everyday. Just blouse the shirt out a little and roll on. I probably have 10 holsters for my shield and 5-7 days the sticky is my go to. The rest of the time i use a Fox iwb that is tuckable with J clips.

Tuckable holster, I carry either a Glock 48,43, or 19 in one everyday with a tucked shirt. But as far as ankle holsters go get a galco ankle glove or ankle lite.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

An ankle holster is a good option for quick access when you are seated such as driving or sitting in a restaurant to minimize furtive movements and provide quick access but I don’t really like them in other applications.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Best ankle rig I own is from Kramer. All horsehide leather with sheeps wool liner. Comfortable. It was a gift. Not sure how expensive it is, but it's well made.

I only carry a JFrame on ankle.. anything else feels like you are wearing an ankle weight.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.