Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter wheat for doves and deer

you can beat your chest about how cool you are about spreading more wheat than legal but you can bet your ass you can get caught.

and 200lbs to the acre of top sown wheat is a gracious plenty to feed a dove. good gracious you people cant stay on topic very well....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don’t have a dove field so I’m just playing devils advocate here. Never said I would spread more than 200. Just putting it up for discussion. All I have heard people say so far is the ticket will be written. I want to know how it will hold up in a court of law.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-23-2019 at 07:11 AM.

again, keep beating your chest on your way to court. I see no reason to even discuss it. I dont like the idea of going to court but maybe you do?

I can assure you that there are people out there smarter than you. One just might be the opposing counsel.

Again not beating my chest just asking how a certain law would be enforced.

The law is written based upon what Clemson studies have found to be normal practices. They have determined the planting ratio of what will produce the normal or best crop. Overseeding has a negative impact on yield so therefore it would not be normal ag practice to overseed an area. So when the optimum seed rate was found they went out and tested a field to see what the count was in a given area. Take multiple samples at random and found the variance that would be allows for that area. Now there is a set number just like a speed limit. Now when you get a speeding ticket it’s not one or two mph over the limit it’s a higher number to allow for error. Same goes for the field, if they find in their sampling of your field that they believe that you put out 210 pounds an acre probably not going to give you a ticket. Now if you are 250 ponds an acre you may get a ticket.
    Last edited by 12341234; 10-23-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

and its still more wheat than you need.

It's not even the court date that's bothersome.. You have guests or friends out there.. they can get drug in, plus ending the hunt. That sucks in itself.

I knew of guys getting tickets in fields back when we could legally broadcast at anytime. If you're old enough to remember those hunts you know what is scetchy. I typically paid attention to the see to see if it was an inch apart, you're going to have some that might crowd together after rain, but not an entire field.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 10-23-2019 at 11:11 AM.