Thread: Best wind detection gadget?

first comment from wskinner was great.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    What’s a tree saddle
    you are SO not in the cool club
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have some pool saddles...

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Or you can spend a car payment on one of those magical ozone queef machines that despite the laws of physics, some dudes are convinced they magically make their scent disappear from one of the most advanced noses on this planet. Your call.
    Think what you'd like, but they work. I still pay attention to the wind like I always have, but I wont avoid a marginal wind like I used to. I killed that buck last week at 17 yards on a marginal wind with my "queef machine" blowing right down my neck.......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Think what you'd like, but they work. I still pay attention to the wind like I always have, but I wont avoid a marginal wind like I used to. I killed that buck last week at 17 yards on a marginal wind with my "queef machine" blowing right down my neck.......
    I’ll second feetsdown on this one. No one said it eliminates it. I believe it decrease the severity of the smell making it seem as if you are further away than you are. My 2 cents from real world use of the product.

If I had multiple stand locations in 2 states I probly wouldn’t complain about spending money on a scent gadget .
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

It’s yalls money, you can hook 14 of them up and use them like tree steps to get in your stand for all I care. As long as y’all are killing them with a bow it’ll make me smile.

Think about how scent dissipates away from your body in the wind. Then imagine someone telling you a battery powered ozone maker spits out enough “product” to destroy your scent cone. Sounds silly, right?

I’ve had deer dead down wind and not care. Also had them bolt like lightning at a slight whiff. What you guys are describing is called a coincidence.

Again, hang them until the oak you’re in looks like a Christmas tree if you believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    If I had multiple stand locations in 2 states I probly wouldn’t complain about spending money on a scent gadget .
    If there were anyway in hell it could actually work I would have 2. You’re not beating a deers nose with anything other than having the wind in your face. Pretty simple concept.

I tend to agree with what wiz18 is saying, I don’t see how they make a difference in an open air environment. In a ground blind with most of the windows shut then sure. As far as killing them down wind I think sometimes when we think a deer is down wind of us our thermals maybe carrying the scent away from them. I killed two bucks that were 4 1/2+ years old this year at 20 yards and both times the wind switched and my thermacell smoke was going straight to them. I don’t even use scent killer spray or any of that stuff anymore. Just play the wind the best I can and I still kill a couple mature deer with the bow every year. To each his on.

Frigid Forage food plot
    Redneck Blind
    Ozonics Ozone machine +
    ------------------------------------

Dead Tropy WTBD in November

Lol, I always enjoy the comments when I say anything about an Ozonics unit. I'm not getting a commission off of their sales so I don't care whether you buy one or not......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Lol, I always enjoy the comments when I say anything about an Ozonics unit. I'm not getting a commission off of their sales so I don't care whether you buy one or not......
    I think you trying to convince another dumass to purchase one, so you and him can rave that a buck chasing a doe didn’t wind y’all.

If I wanted to buy confidence, i would just pay myself $550 rather than purchase Ozonics.
    DILLIGAF

I just look at which way my pee falls from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I just look at which way my pee falls from the tree.
    down?

Tie a piece of fuzzed up yarn from the top or your bow, (or the end of your rifle barrel), or as someone said, a downy feather.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Just climb higher
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

If I strap an Ozonics unit to my ass, could a bloodhound track me? Always wondered about the scent away and scent free stuff.

You put strap on and your ass in the same sentence. Lol.

when I park the truck, I reach down and grab a handful of grass and let a few blades fall.
    I repeat this process several times to check and make sure I have this high tech ingenuity calibrated correctly