Thread: Active Shooter in Sumter This Morning

Default Active Shooter in Sumter This Morning

No deaths, fortunately. Anyone want to guess why it didn’t make the national news? And no, not just because he’s black.

FA118FD1-9EF3-41FB-BEDB-7821C52F0638.jpg

It looked like a warzone’ say employees who saw alleged active shooter leave Sumter business
    WIS News 10 Staff
    SUMTER, S.C. (WIS) - Officials with the Sumter Police Department have arrested 25-year-old Ozzy Mooneyham following a shooting that injured four people Monday morning.

The shooting began at Chestnut Pointe Apartments around 7:30 Monday morning and continued at Palmetto Tire and Auto before Sumter County deputies conducted a traffic stop and arrested Mooneyham. Chief Russel Roark called the incident an “active shooter situation” and said it was was not gang-related. according to Sumter Police Chief Russell Roark.

Calls to 911 came in from the Chestnut Pointe Apartments, alleging someone was shooting randomly at people. Later, police learned one woman was allegedly shot by Mooneyham and drove herself to the hospital.

While at the apartments, Mooneyham also fired at an off-duty Sumter County Sheriff’s Office deputy who was standing in the balcony of his building.

Then, police said around 7:45 a.m. Mooneyham arrived at Palmetto Tire and Auto, shooting three employees standing behind the counter with a .22 caliber rifle.

Officials said the three victims -- two men and a woman -- were transported to the hospital. The conditions of the victims are currently unknown, but the police chief said he expects them to survive.

“The individuals and victims in this particular case were merely targets of opportunity for an individual determined to create chaos and cause harm to innocent people in our community,” said Roark. “There is no other way to describe this than an active shooter situation.”

Michael Lucente was working on a car in the driveway of the business when Mooneyham walked in.

“I was under the hood of a vehicle over there with the service manager and we heard pop, pop, pop, pop…it sounded like fire crackers going off,” he said. “When he walked out we saw him and we saw the AK in his hand and we put two and two together. When he got in the car, he stared right at the service manager right in his eyes and I suspect he was out of ammunition because if he wasn’t, he probably would have shot him too.”

Shortly thereafter, Josh Robinson, a mechanic at the shop, came back from test driving a vehicle.

“My manager kept yelling at me to chase this car, I kind of figured he might have walked out on a bill or stole a car or something,” said Robinson. “I chased him all the way to Pike Road where he pulled into a mattress store that was closed, I blocked him in, I knocked on his window and he rolled it down with a rifle pointed at me and I asked him if he’d just been at Palmetto Auto and Tire and he said yes and rolled the window back up.”

Robinson said Mooneyham then sideswiped his car and escaped the parking lot. Robinson continued to follow him, before getting the attention of passing deputies.

“I didn’t know what had happened to my coworkers but even if I had, I still would have chased him because it’s the right thing to do,” Robinson said.

Roark said a pair of Sumter County deputies were able to track down Mooneyham during a traffic stop at the intersection of Miller Road and Broad Street. Mooneyham was taken into custody the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office following the traffic stop and later turned over to the Sumter Police Department.

Once he was in custody, weapons were taken from Mooneyham’s vehicle by officials, including a .22-caliber rifle with an extended magazine. Officials believe the rifle was the weapon Mooneyham used during the shootings.

Mooneyham has also been charged with two counts of possession of a weapon during a violent crime and two points of pointing and presenting a firearm. Roark said more charges could follow for Mooneyham.

Officials believe Mooneyham acted alone in these shootings. However, the Sumter Police Department is continuing to investigate this shooting.

Chief Roark said the department has not had previous run-ins with Mooneyham, who previously identified as a female by the name of Mindy.

Last edited by wskinner; 10-21-2019 at 09:49 PM.

So why didn’t make the news? He a Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    So why didn’t make the news? He a Democrat?
    Prob that and the transvestite crossdressing lgbt part.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Deputies were all over the place on my way to work this AM. Right accross 378 from our office
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Prob that and the transvestite crossdressing lgbt part.
    You Scumpter people know how to party!

.22 and not a scary black gun

I’m going with not an AR, tranny, not a white male, and completely random (mental health issue). The media is what drives policy, and this doesn’t fit the narrative.

It was on the news I believe
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Can't believe no one at a SC Tire Center wasn't armed or at least had a firearm near at hand..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The owner of place is very active in our men's ministry at church. We meet for lunch on Mondays, obviously he was preoccupied yesterday and could not attend.

Shooter walked in, popped off a few rounds then bolted, like it was completely random. Almost not even enough time to draw and fire back. Don't know if the boss man was even in the lobby. He might have been out in the shop.

So they med-evac'ed one of his employees who caught a bullet that's currently lodged near his lung. Fella's in a lot of pain but he seems to be stable. I think they're trying to make a decision to remove the bullet or it would do more damage to remove and just leave it in place.

Gal working the front counter caught a bullet in the arm, I believe it was. Again, ok but in some pain. She was said to be smiling the whole time. Very upbeat gal and stays positive.

Another guy who was actually a customer standing in the lobby of said tire store, took one to the back somewhere. Not much info on that person's condition. Again, should make a full recovery though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

That is good news indeed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

he should not have seen the sun rise this morning!. Our sumter taxes need to fund a new electric chair instead of waterparks and sidewalks

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

A .22 AK? The horror! Mikhail Kalashnikov is spinning in his grave.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    A .22 AK? The horror! Mikhail Kalashnikov is spinning in his grave.
    Thankfully it was a .22.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if an extended mag and a wooden stock made someone that doesn’t know better think AK when it wasnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the news say the kid that was disarmed with a shotgun the other day was disarmed of an AK.