Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Warden" Podcast

And this is perfectly example of actions which deepens the rift between ethical hunter and GWs.

I believe such action stances , lacking common sense and kinship, also demurs the backbone of those agencies in charge of managing for waterfowl or other wild game for that matter from being pressed to do better in their job.

The hunter is not the enemy of the state and should not be treated as such but all to often I hear this hint of trailing smoke from the mouths of agency higher ups. The words, hunter hack, game hogs, arm chair biologist etc all issue from their mouths on a regular basis.

Back to point, Market gunning is illegal, don't treat waterfowl hunters, who have spent a pile of money towards conservation, like market gunners or criminals. Being ticketed for piling bird photos with your buddies is a travesty in my opine. Some might even say an attack on memories and heritage.

I believe a man with an attorney or whom just carried this law in his pocket would could prevent such a ticket in certain circumstances.

50 CFR 20.32

No person shall possess, have in custody, or transport more than the daily bag limit or aggregate daily bag limit, whichever applies, of migratory game birds, tagged or not tagged, at or between the place where taken and either (a) his automobile or principal means of land transportation; or (b) his personal abode or temporary transient place of lodging; or (c) a migratory birds preservation facility; or (d) a post office; or (e) a common carrier facility.

This law is so easily misinterpreted especially where previous angst may exist between officer and hunter, so lets say you and I have our limit of ducks in my boat in one pile, we get pulled, as the owner of the boat , I would be in possession of the ducks and could easily be ticketed.

Now with all my steam let out, PICK UP SOME wired meat tags and put them in your pocket and give them to your friends, don't be a dummy! And honestly to me that is honestly just sad and shows the state of rift that has developed between the days of Hook and Bullet and those presently of warm and fuzzy.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    are you saying there is a law saying you can't take a picture of a pile of ducks?
    No law against taking pile pics, but you have to be able to show separation thru tags or game strap or some other means.

Yet live decoy use abounds in these parts.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Like I said before, I'd bet there isn't one of us who has hunted in a group situation that hasn't shot over the limit.
    I can. Seems like almost every time I f go OOS the weather doesn't cooperate, wind direction screws us with how the blind is positioned, or birds just leave and shooting limits is a rarity. I wouldn't want someone else shooting my 6 birds for me. And I wouldn't want to take my buddy's opportunity to shoot his 6 birds either.

In a dove field, I shoot 15 and stop. I was invited on a hunt couple seasons back to a buddy's pond along the Pocotaligo Swamp, and ringnecks were thick that day. I ended my 6 bird limit with a double and stopped shooting. Sat and watched my buddies continue to whif.

I have no ill will towards those that party hunt and keep shooting after they know they've downed 6. That's just not how I roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I can. Seems like almost every time I f go OOS the weather doesn't cooperate, wind direction screws us with how the blind is positioned, or birds just leave and shooting limits is a rarity. I wouldn't want someone else shooting my 6 birds for me. And I wouldn't want to take my buddy's opportunity to shoot his 6 birds either.

In a dove field, I shoot 15 and stop. I was invited on a hunt couple seasons back to a buddy's pond along the Pocotaligo Swamp, and ringnecks were thick that day. I ended my 6 bird limit with a double and stopped shooting. Sat and watched my buddies continue to whif.

I have no ill will towards those that party hunt and keep shooting after they know they've downed 6. That's just not how I roll.

So you can guarantee that your pellets didn't hit any of your buddies ring necks or vice versa?

I think cajun's point is that if you hunted long enough, its going to happen whether you intend it to or not. It could be teal in a marsh or geese in a field, you can't account for every pellet you put in the sky when birds are pouring in and there are multiple guns going off.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I see what y'all are saying. Good point. I know for a fact another shooter and I both put pellets in one simultaneously, or at least within a few microseconds of each other. Once we look at each other dumbfounded for a second or two, determine whose bag the bird goes in, I keep my count. When I get to 6 I stop and just call, or just do something else to help others continue their hunt.

Since I shoot tungsten, I know if a duck comes back to the blind and it's still kicking, I didn't shoot it. When I put pellets on target they stone dead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Hard topic to tackle when you involve a LEO with an axe to grind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-22-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jeff Foiles ego for prostituting waterfowl for profit didn't help him any either. He seems to be a changed man now.

Like I said before, I'd bet there isn't one of us who has hunted in a group situation that hasn't shot over the limit.

If you want to comply with the game wardens.....KNOW THE LAWS, properly tag your birds, stay within your 3 days possession (NOT ALL KILLED IN ONE DAY), take your hero pile shot of TAGGED birds and if you feel the need to fulfill your ego, post your pics on social media. The posting on social media or making hunting videos public for show / profit WILL open yourself up to the scrutiny of State and Federal wildlife agents. Wildlife law enforcement departments have technicians that do nothing but create cases using public internet data. I bet geo tagged pictures are great for helping make a case too.
    I completely agree about foils. Unfortunately, being an arrogant, blowhard, know it all Yankee is not against the law tho.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Has anyone, after listening to the Warden and Foiles stories, decided to change how they do things in state, out of state, at their club, etc?
    Absolutely. Got a strap and had my name and license number engraved on it. Also, will not haul anyone else's limit out either

heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    If you and 2 buddies shoot a limit of green heads , and y'all are gonna make a pile and take a pic, the game warden can ticket you for over the limit and untagged birds if they are not tagged. Basically, you are not in control of your limit. If he grabs one out of the pile and it is not tagged with someone's info, you are all in violation. So, 90% of the pics on the internet are in violation
    over limit ticket for a picture? i won't go into to much detail here to misinform or encourage other wise, but that would be your own fault if that was to happen.
    the tag matter has an enormous amount of gray within all of the cfr's one could argue to either side really

iv listened to must of the podcast and it seems like there has to be more to it?

How about fish? I guess we need separate livewells or coolers?! The ways our game laws are written, everyone of us inadvertently breaks the law.

Is what really gets me is when i call an officer and say is this legal and they respond, well I’m not sure. So I respond would you give me a ticket or not? They say yes, and you would have to go to court and let them figure it out. No matter what you do or how careful your are there is always some law from 100 years ago, or the officer interruptes the law differently than you or onother Officer.
    Last edited by 12341234; 10-22-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

What does it say about the government when this is type of discussions we have about hunting? Time to eliminate these agencies and start from scratch.

The dems are already trying that.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Jeff Foiles ego for prostituting waterfowl for profit didn't help him any either. He seems to be a changed man now

wh.
    This
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    over limit ticket for a picture? i won't go into to much detail here to misinform or encourage other wise, but that would be your own fault if that was to happen.
    the tag matter has an enormous amount of gray within all of the cfr's one could argue to either side really

iv listened to must of the podcast and it seems like there has to be more to it?

Can they ticket you from the pic? I do not know... Maybe? Maybe not. The deal would be if a warden came up on you while you were doing it.

Foils was on again today with Ramsey Russell. They were talking about situations in Canada where the wardens do not know the laws either, and some choose not to enforce them. But, if for some reason, a Fed gets a hard on for you they can burn you down with it.

Personally, I think it is stupid as fuck. 5 people have 5 limits, good Killin. Just like fishing. What good is this stupid antiquated law actually fixing? Nothing. But, it is not like laws are actually made to be reasonable or helpful.
    Last edited by NannySlayer; 10-24-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    Can they ticket you from the pic? I do not know... Maybe? Maybe not. The deal would be if a warden came up on you while you were doing it.

Foils was on again today with Ramsey Russell. They were talking about situations in Canada where the wardens do not know the laws either, and some choose not to enforce them. But, if for some reason, a Fed gets a hard on for you they can burn you down with it.

Personally, I think it is stupid as fuck. 5 people have 5 limits, good Killin. Just like fishing. What good is this stupid antiquated law actually fixing? Nothing. But, it is not like laws are actually made to be reasonable or helpful.
    Yep they can and have for years. Friends went on a guided hunt in NoDak 15 years ago. Guide took pics after the hunt with pile. Redhead Super Fed leaned on the guide to ID everyone in pic weeks later. He then sent everyone a $700 ticket to their SC residences. What were they going to do? Go back out and fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yep they can and have for years. Friends went on a guided hunt in NoDak 15 years ago. Guide took pics after the hunt with pile. Redhead Super Fed leaned on the guide to ID everyone in pic weeks later. He then sent everyone a $700 ticket to their SC residences. What were they going to do? Go back out and fight it?
    I envision a day where we will need to have a photo ID on our hunting license so State and Federal wildlife agents can store our mugshot and use facial recognition to ID us from social media.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    not worth the money to go fight it, but damn sure could beat that one in court. for all that fed knows- the bird tags were under that pile of ducks