Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Warden" Podcast

Default "The Warden" Podcast

Has anybody listened to it? It's actually part of the "End of the Line" podcast Seeing all these posts of people in Canada(know its different than the U.S.) with ducks just piled up made me think about it and how that dude got raped by the Feds for not tagging birds in the field. Haven't listened to it all yet but just thought it was interesting.

Link? I searched for "the Warden" and "End of Line" and seemed to get just static.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1300214867

Just keep loading 10 more at a time until you find "The Warden" I think it is a 15 part podcast but it is pretty interesting. Start at the beginning.

"party hunts"....it's what folks do. Nobody cares who shoots what (unless its a banded bird of course).....tagging? pfffffff We don't need no stinking tags.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I tried listening to an "End of the Line" podcast a few times ... It was about unbearable to me.

I listened to the End of the line podcast with Jeff Foiles and it’s an eye opener for sure. I think the party hunting and procession limits (while leaving the field) are going to become a bigger deal in the future.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    I listened to the End of the line podcast with Jeff Foiles and it’s an eye opener for sure. I think the party hunting and procession limits (while leaving the field) are going to become a bigger deal in the future.
    It was interesting to hear Ryan Warden's guesses on it, but he was saying that the Feds will probably spend most of their time(80-90%) hunting outfitters. Obviously that makes sense but still for people that hunt a lot and post a lot of pictures it is certainly a possibility. I am not arguing about party hunting and how everyone does it and except the Law Enforcement side nobody cares about it, but its still a law and he still got hammered for it

I think the law of party hunting is dumb. Anyone that has ever shot with more than two or three others knows that when a flock of ducks or geese come in, no matter how good you are at shooting lanes your still going to get crossed up. I think as long as you are within the limits for the group you should be fine. But like stayed before most gw’s Are after guides. I also think that as long as everything else is in order they won’t mess with you on it. I feel as it is no different than fishing all your fish go in the same cooler.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I think it is stupid as well, but certainly makes you think and second guess if who you are hunting with if you dont know them real well is a fed or not. He says on there at some point that the state GWs are basically like your local friend in your town, but if the Fed GW is there, then they have been hunting you and basically you are screwed. You aren't getting off with a warning

For sure if the man is that far invoked to be undercover, you have really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    I think the law of party hunting is dumb. Anyone that has ever shot with more than two or three others knows that when a flock of ducks or geese come in, no matter how good you are at shooting lanes your still going to get crossed up. I think as long as you are within the limits for the group you should be fine. But like stayed before most gw’s Are after guides. I also think that as long as everything else is in order they won’t mess with you on it. I feel as it is no different than fishing all your fish go in the same cooler.

I agree completely and have party hunted my whole life...any duck hunter who says he hasn't ever killed over the limit when hunting in a group is lying.

6 guns in the blind and "we" need 3 birds for a 6 man limit........Who needs 3 more birds? Who raises their gun to shoot? Does one lucky fella shoot because he's 3 birds short or do 3 guns or all 6 raise up and shoot? Did the guide even shoot his limit or let paying customers shoot it?

I see it on Lake Murray all the time. A guide and 3 paying customers coming off the water with 20 striper.....ain't no way the guide reeled in his 5 striper either.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I agree completely and have party hunted my whole life...any duck hunter who says he hasn't ever killed over the limit when hunting in a group is lying.

6 guns in the blind and "we" need 3 birds for a 6 man limit........Who needs 3 more birds? Who raises their gun to shoot? Does one lucky fella shoot because he's 3 birds short or do 3 guns or all 6 raise up and shoot? Did the guide even shoot his limit or let paying customers shoot it?

I see it on Lake Murray all the time. A guide and 3 paying customers coming off the water with 20 striper.....ain't no way the guide reeled in his 5 striper either.

This is another area the gw will burn you when making a case. If he has hired a guide and is in the field he will watch who shoots. We pile birds up behind blinds to keep count of how many birds we have and how many to go. So let’s say we have six shooters and need two birds to go, if there is a limit behind 4 blinds and anyone of those guys raises up to shoot it’s a ticket. Another rule I think needs to go. Just like you said if your on a boat and need one more fish to fill the limit every person on that boat still has a pole in their hand. Duck hunting is tough, there are so many rules that its hard to feel like you are legal no matter how careful you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    bigger deal is happening now. got checked at a boat landing in AR last year, watched a GW stroke out 2 tickets for untagged birds in the back of a truck at boat landing. they are watching now. they love some SC tag trucks

In Ryan’s case it was the pile picks on social media that got the feds investigating. Pictures are posted here often that are in violation of federal law. They have to be separated and tagged and that is the word he is trying to get out. Very interesting podcast and really opened my eyes. While I don’t agree with the current laws they were put in to prevent market hunting and could really use some updating, but that will not happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyMo View Post
    In Ryan’s case it was the pile picks on social media that got the feds investigating. Pictures are posted here often that are in violation of federal law. They have to be separated and tagged and that is the word he is trying to get out. Very interesting podcast and really opened my eyes. While I don’t agree with the current laws they were put in to prevent market hunting and could really use some updating, but that will not happen anytime soon.
    are you saying there is a law saying you can't take a picture of a pile of ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    are you saying there is a law saying you can't take a picture of a pile of ducks?
    If you and 2 buddies shoot a limit of green heads , and y'all are gonna make a pile and take a pic, the game warden can ticket you for over the limit and untagged birds if they are not tagged. Basically, you are not in control of your limit. If he grabs one out of the pile and it is not tagged with someone's info, you are all in violation. So, 90% of the pics on the internet are in violation
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Honestly, what really stands out in both the foils and warden story's, is the level of cocksuckerness that the Leo's showed in both cases. Everything they were involved in were quick fixed... Write the damn ticket. Show them where they messed up, use it as a teaching moment. If they continue, then sure, let them have it. They ruined both of their lives. Jeff went to prison for 13 months for killing ducks. Seriously, let that sink in. I remember when that went down. I read all the reports, the articles written by the he's... I was one of the folks saying they aught to take his birthday away too. After hearing his side of the story, I am embarrassed that that actually happened and a lot of GWs were proud of it. The judge in Canada pretty much summed it up.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Jeff Foiles ego for prostituting waterfowl for profit didn't help him any either. He seems to be a changed man now.

Like I said before, I'd bet there isn't one of us who has hunted in a group situation that hasn't shot over the limit.

If you want to comply with the game wardens.....KNOW THE LAWS, properly tag your birds, stay within your 3 days possession (NOT ALL KILLED IN ONE DAY), take your hero pile shot of TAGGED birds and if you feel the need to fulfill your ego, post your pics on social media. The posting on social media or making hunting videos public for show / profit WILL open yourself up to the scrutiny of State and Federal wildlife agents. Wildlife law enforcement departments have technicians that do nothing but create cases using public internet data. I bet geo tagged pictures are great for helping make a case too.

Has anyone, after listening to the Warden and Foiles stories, decided to change how they do things in state, out of state, at their club, etc?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Yes. I will make sure my ducks, and only my ducks, are on my strap and they will remain with me until we get back to the house, hotel or wherever we are staying.